Code of Ethics: Purchasing Management
APH's Purchasing Department provides services essential to all operations within the company, and it shall act in the best interests of APH at all times.
In carrying out their responsibilities, Purchasing staff will:
- Avoid the intent or appearance of unethical or compromising conduct in relationships, actions, and communications.
- Demonstrate loyalty to APH by diligently following the lawful instructions of APH management, using reasonable care and delegated authority.
- Avoid any personal business or professional activity that would create a conflict between personal interests and the interests of APH.
- Avoid soliciting or accepting money, loans, credits, or preferential discounts, and the acceptance of gifts, entertainment, favors, or services from present or potential suppliers that might influence, or appear to influence, supply management decisions.
- Handle confidential or proprietary information with due care and proper consideration for governmental regulations and ethical and legal ramifications.
- Promote positive supplier relationships through courtesy and impartiality.
- Avoid improper reciprocal agreements.
- Know and obey the letter and spirit of all state, local, and federal laws applicable to supply management.
- Encourage support for small, disadvantaged, and minority-owned businesses.
- Conduct supply management in accordance with APH policies, national and international laws, customs, and practices, and these ethical principles and standards of conduct.