Charter: Development Committee
The Development Committee acts as a liaison between the Board and the Development Department of APH, and assists the Board of Trustees in discharging its oversight responsibilities related to APH’s Gift Acceptance Policy and annual fundraising goals.
Authority and Responsibilities
The Development Committee shall have the following authority:
- to monitor the Development Department’s performance of its plan of work, as established by management and approved by the Board;
- to review and recommend to the Board for approval the annual fundraising goals and budget established by management and the Development Department;
- to review management’s recommendations regarding candidates for the position of Vice President of Development;
- to review APH’s compliance with state and federal regulations; and
- to recommend to the Board the hiring of consultants for the following:
- major capital campaigns
- major gifts programs
- major grant applications
- other special fundraising events
The Board shall appoint three of its members to the Committee, one of whom shall be named Chairman.
Meetings and Reports
The Committee shall meet and report to the Board at least annually. The Committee shall hold other meetings and make other reports, as the Committee Chair or the Chairman of the Board deem necessary. Board members not on the Committee may attend all Committee meetings.