Teacher Reference Materials
On this web page you will find the Teacher's Reference Materials for textbooks grades K-3 transcribed using the APH/BANA Promising Practices for Transcribing Early Literacy Textbooks.
Catalog Number/Textbook Title
- A-B0164-00/McGraw-Hill Health 2
- A-B0200-00/Skills LinkTM Everyday Mathematics:
Cumulative Practice Sets Grade 3 (4 volumes)
- A-B0203-00/Harcourt Science Grade 1 (6 Volumes and 2 Supplements)
- A-B0204-00/Harcourt Science Workbook Grade 1 (3 Volumes and 1 Supplement)
- A-B0205-00/Push It or Pull It
- A-B0206-00/Heat Changes Things
- A-B0207-00/Sink or Float?
- A-B0209-00/Check the Weather
- A-B0210-00/Water's Journey
- A-B0212-00/Do Animals Live in Plants?
- A-B0213-00/Animal Homes
- A-B0214-00/What Do You See?
- A-B0215-00/Living Or Nonliving?
- A-B0216-00/Jeff's Magnet
- A-B0274-00/SAXON MATHTM 2 Second Edition Student Workbook Part 1 (17 Volumes)
- A-B0289-00/Houghton Mifflin Reading Let's Be Friends Level 1.2 (2 Volumes)
- A-B0337-00/Saxon MathTM 2: Test Preparation and Practice for ISTEP+
- A-B0417-00/Foundations for Permanent Mathematical Learning, Second Grade, Book 1 (5 Volumes)
Teacher Reference Materials contain the following information:
Follow rules set forth in Braille Formats: Principles of Print to Braille Transcription, unless specified below.
There are to be no transcriber's notes in Kindergarten Books except the following, which is to be placed at the margin.
Activities to Eliminate: All eliminations are to be stated on the ink-print transcribers note page to be titled "Teacher Reference Materials" instead of Transcriber's Note Page, these materials will also include the ink-print Special Symbols Page found in all ATIC books.
- Activities requiring visual discrimination.
- Handwriting activities
- Letter Recognition activities
- Modifications of the standard alphabet (no braille equivalents)
- Stories told exclusively with pictures.
- Activities requiring the drawing of shape configurations to identify words (i.e. puzzle shapes, circles, squares, triangles)
- Activities requiring matching pictures to words or sentences should be replaced with a transcriber's note at the margin. This note should read "Ask". (Grades 1-3)
- Puzzle shapes for building vocabulary
- Example: List vocabulary words rather than inserting the words into shapes.
- Dot-to-Dot puzzles