APH Career Opportunity: Administrative Assistant—APH Accessible Test and Textbook Department; Braille Improvement Department
The Administrative Assistant provides clerical, administrative, and other support services for the Accessible Test, Textbook and Braille Improvement Departments, reporting directly to the Director of Accessible Test, Textbooks and Braille Improvement. Successful candidate must be a flexible self-starter, who is able to work independently and as a team member.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes general departmental and administrative tasks, including but not limited to answering the phone and greeting visitors, filing, keeping records, preparing reports and requisitions, and bookkeeping.
- Compiles and maintains databases for budgeting, textbook orders, and outsource information.
- Completes purchasing requisitions, orders materials, supplies and services for the department.
- Assists with organization and physical set-up of events, training, travel, and meetings.
- May represent APH at professional exhibits and conferences.
- Supports all members of the team and assists with all activities of the department.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent clerical, organizational, analytical, and time management skills.
- Comfortable speaking and interacting with individuals and large groups.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, including excellent grammar and spelling.
- Must be comfortable learning about and using new technologies, including a variety of software.
- Ability to take direction from several staff members, prioritize work, and provide status reports as requested.
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of at least two-year post-secondary education or equivalent experience working in office administration, communications, or similar field.
- Additional education and experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Extensive experience with Access databases preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of the internet
To be considered for this position please apply online.
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH) is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer.
Posted: December 8, 2016