APH Career Opportunity: Art Production/Design Manager
Under the supervision of the Director of Educational Product Research, this position oversees and provides quality graphic design services that result in the development of APH products that meet the needs of blind and visually impaired consumers. This position works in collaboration with the graphic designers, product development project leaders, vendors, and production personnel. The Art Production/Design Manager will have a high level of problem solving, multi-tasking, coordinating, and communication skills.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage projects and provide art direction and graphic design services by working in collaboration with project leaders, production staff and outside design vendors to create quality products that meet the design standards for people with low vision or blindness
- Supervise the Product Development Graphic Design team
- Coordinate and manage the production/design jobs and provide files to contractual graphic design and print vendors.
- Provide quality control and troubleshooting assistance for all materials created by APH and printed by outside vendors or APH Production Department, and work with team members to determine effective solutions (i.e. attend press checks, review proofs)
- Lead or attend meetings to define product objectives, evaluate graphic design needs, and develop project timelines.
- Provide graphic design/production services, revisions and updates to archived graphic files, prototypes, displays, product packaging and support materials.
- Prepare and provide final approved files for production with assistance from Graphic Designer.
- Work collaboratively with a variety of departments to advise on and lead cross-departmental projects that support the company mission.
- Coordinate and maintain graphic design, photography and tactile art archives with assistance from graphic designers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Graphic Design or related field such as Fine Arts, Communications, or Marketing. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in graphic design. Preferred additional skills include copywriting, video filming and editing, web posting, photo enhancement, photography, and illustrative capabilities.
- Must have experience managing graphic design work assigned to other staff or outside vendors/consultants, including the coordination of resources, management of timelines, and the communication of information to a variety of staff.
- Must possess highly developed organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills, along with a high degree of creativity.
- Must possess excellent writing and proofreading skills for both creative and business writing.
- Must be proficient with the following software: Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, and PowerPoint. Bridge experience a plus.
- Must have a working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- If selected for interview, applicant will be required to submit portfolio.
Please apply online. If you have any issues with the online application, please contact us 502-899-2243.
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH) is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer.