APH Career Opportunity: Chief Information Officer
Under the general supervision of the President, the Chief Information Officer/Project Mgr, (CIO) manages the implementation of business technology to increase information accessibility and to integrate systems for knowledge sharing. The CIO is responsible for managing and delegation of duties for large scale IT projects. This position is strategic for developing company-wide and industry setting standards for accessibility across platforms, databases, and programs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops IT Architecture and standards that are effective in highlighting variances, trends and opportunities for applications, infrastructure, IT service level improvements as well as spend management. Ensures user accessibility.
- Identifies and develops the capability to use new tools, reshaping the Company’s IT infrastructure and network access, and identifies and utilizes the Company’s knowledge resources.
- Aligns IT objectives and programs with the organizations overall vision, strategies, and objectives.
- Prepares and manages an annual IT capital and operational budget and forecast.
- Manages the process to, prioritize and approve business projects enabled by IT. Works with Legal to determine records retention policies along with specific requirements for individual data groups.
- Implements record retention program to manage and maintain the integrity of all data that the company is required to retain.
- Designs, leads and constantly enhances a comprehensive Information Security program, inclusive of holistic information retrieval and retention practices.
- Defines, implements and monitors IT performance metrics, best practices and continual quality improvements.
- Defines and communicates corporate plans, policies, and standards for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems
- Oversees IT Infrastructure Vendors who are/may be responsible for servers, networking, telecommunications, desktop, office productivity applications, and related information technology functions. Maintains the highest standards in technology-acquisition practices, including developing lasting relationships with technology vendors.
- Develops the IT staff to meet the changing needs of the company in regards to new projects and technologies. Serves as the Project Manager for internal initiatives requiring IT.
- Participates in various business events, conferences, and trade shows.
- Builds solid relationships with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Seasoned IT professional with 10 or more years of broad based exposure to all the areas of IT, and at least 5 years in managing people.
- Substantial exposure to enterprise architecture, data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems. Web design and implementation experience required.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology in solving business problems.
- Proven project management experience.
- Proven business analysis skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills and effective presentation skills.
- Familiarity with desktop, notebook, handheld, and server computer hardware.
- Familiarity with local and wide area network design, implementation, and operation. (nice to have)
- Knowledge of various office productivity software programs such as word processing, databases, spreadsheet programs, and communications software.
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors degree in the field of computer science or business administration. Masters degree preferred.
- Must be flexible to perform out of town assignments, and travel nationally if needed.
To be considered for this position please apply online.
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH) is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer.
Posted: December 7, 2016