APH Career Opportunity: Marketing and Communications Director
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH), a world leader in creating learning solutions and pathways to success for children and adults who are blind or visually impaired, is seeking a Director of Marketing and Communications to lead a team of professionals at our Louisville, KY headquarters. We are looking for a leader with the expertise and inspiration to pioneer new, research-based strategies and messaging that create a new national conversation about possibilities, equity, inclusion, accessibility, and opportunity. APH’s Marketing and Communications Director will understand the gravity of their responsibility to represent our international brand in a way that connects our customers with the products and services they need to improve their lives , motivates key partners to support our mission, and changes the world’s perceptions and attitudes about the importance of independence.
The successful candidate will report to the Vice-President of Marketing and Sales and will lead efforts to identify how APH can expand several existing markets and enter new markets. These efforts will be supported by data and analytics and embrace technology supports. The Marketing and Communications Director will be an inclusive leader, respectful and engaged with a collaborative management style and a proactive focus on results and opportunities. This individual will build and staff a marketing and communications department that will oversee quota and non-quota marketing and organizational branding.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures organizational consistency of APH’s branding and positioning, including visuals and messaging
- Develops the annual marketing plan and strategies to promote APH and its strategic priorities
- Coordinates and approves communications activities and materials coming from various APH departments
- Collaborates with the Creative Services Director to oversee production and preparation of all communication and marketing materials
- Works with the Sales Director to develop marketing strategies that create sales opportunities
- Oversees the implementation of an organizational strategy for social media and measures results. Oversees the organizational communications calendar
- Supervises departmental staff and carries out various department administrative responsibilities. Assures the ongoing professional development of all department staff
- Advocates for and ensures the highest accessibility standards in all communication from APH internally and externally
- Implements policies, processes, and technology necessary for successful project management
- Helps to develop and maintain department processes and reports on impacts and benchmarks regularly
- Works to develop strong business, field, and community partnerships that work to serve the mission of APH
- Oversees marketing strategy for APH’s e-commerce platform
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years marketing, public relations, and/or communications experience
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, business, marketing, related field
- Willingness and ability to travel (up to 15%)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with writing portfolio
- Exceptional listening skills
- Experience using/producing accessible communications is a plus
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills – self-directed with excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH) is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer.