APH Career Opportunity: Quality Control Officer
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, this position directs all quality control activities related to development and manufacturing of products sold through APH. The position will assist in establishing ISO standards and will drive system wide quality improvement in the following departments at APH: Production, Research, Technology Research, Customer Relations, and Accessible Textbooks and Tests.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for improvement of all quality documentation, especially production-related work instructions.
- Works with suppliers to improve incoming material quality and documentation.
- Conducts internal quality audits to enhance and improve organizational effectiveness.
- Ensures that products and services provided by APH meet external and internal quality standards. Familiar with auditing techniques (examining, questioning, evaluating, and reporting).
- Works with departments to develop standards and procedures for quality, production, productivity, and customer relations. Monitors and examines each stage of production and service delivery. Uses metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and improve quality practices.
- Understands application and analysis of testing and inspection procedures, ensuring that all testing is performed to the highest standards.
- Maintains control plans and other documentation; distributes written Quality Assurance results to appropriate parties.
- Monitors all inspection and testing equipment to ensure current and valid calibration and accuracy.
- Coordinates Quality Assurance efforts around child safety and CPSC guidelines.
- Coordinates activities of Repair Technicians and Customer Relations personnel.
- Trains /mentors subordinate quality personnel as needed.
- Manages customer interfacing and supplier interfacing on quality issues for assigned responsibilities.
- Manages sample submissions for new product or engineering changes.
- Leads problem solving activities for internal and external concerns relating to assigned responsibilities.
- Develops, implements and maintains data collection and metric systems to ensure effectiveness of quality systems.
- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations.
- Initiates, recommends, or provides solutions through appropriate channels and verifies implementation.
- Controls further processing and delivery of nonconforming product until the deficiency is corrected. Has the authority to veto shipping any product that does not meet standards.
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
- 3+ years of Quality Assurance experience, preferably with authority to define, execute, and/or control projects/processes along with responsibility for their outcome.
- Familiar with ISO 9001 minimum.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills including Root Cause Analysis, Fish Bone diagrams, 5 Why, 8D.
- Proficient in verbal and written communications.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Orientation toward problem solving and clear communication.
- Ability to work well with others across all management levels, both within and outside the company.
- Demonstrate competency in metrology, blueprint reading, statistical techniques and color/appearance measurement.
- Understanding of quality control processes.
- Experience in supervising others.
- Knowledge of child safety and CPSC guidelines.
- Strong math skills with an understanding of statistics and statistical analysis of data.
- Experience in electronics preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering, Business, or a science-related field.
The successful candidate will be required to learn the rudiments of Braille and the standard dimensions of Braille.
To be considered for this position please apply online.
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH) is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer.
Posted: December 8, 2016