APH Career Opportunity: Repair Order Entry Specialist
Reporting directly to the Customer Relations Manager, this position is responsible for receiving, entering, processing and tracking repairs of APH products received from educational agencies and general public
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Using service reports, receives and enters information in repair data logs and tracks machine repair status until complete.
- Sets up new customer accounts, and enters orders in Syspro order entry system to ship repairs and bill customers.
- Charges credit cards using credit card terminal.
- Prepares manual delivery notes for warranty repairs.
- Makes contact with customers by telephone, mail, email, and fax.
- Maintains database of serial numbers.
- Maintains detailed paper filing system.
- Gives customers some simple basic technical information regarding repairs.
- Works closely with Repair Department, sometimes taking machines and paperwork to repair area.
- Assists with various Order Entry duties as needed, such as entering orders, filing, and charging customer credit cards.
- Performs other Order Entry and Customer Relations functions as requested, including taking sales, customer service and magazine subscription calls.
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education preferred.
- One to two years of clerical experience required.
- Must have above average data entry skills and keyboarding skills equivalent to typing at 35 wpm (accuracy required more than speed). Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of correct postal addressing procedures.
- Requires a professional speaking voice on the phone and good oral, written, and organizational skills.
- Must have good customer relations skills.
- General understanding of technology, i.e. electronic devices and basic functions helpful.
- Lifting up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to read fine print and serial numbers on electronic devices and invoice copies.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Bilingual skills a plus, but not required.
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH) is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer.
Posted: February 10, 2017