APH Career Opportunity: Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Are you looking to advance your Information Technology career? If so, then the American Printing House for the Blind (APH) is the place for you.
APH develops educational software and tools for blind and visually impaired students to help ensure equality by applying, developing, and promoting universal design concepts to digital educational content.
APH is seeking skilled Software Quality Assurance Analysts with innovative ideas, and a desire to gain useful skills and experience while participating in exciting technological efforts to revolutionize the digital learning environment.
APH is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team.
The Software Quality Assurance Analyst supports the software development and customer service departments by performing application and system testing to help ensure the highest quality products are developed.
- Coordinate and execute system functional, regression, and user acceptance testing.
- Create test plans, test cases, and test scripts that ensure appropriate testing of system modifications and enhancements.
- Communicate with users, developers, managers, teammates, and technical support staff to understand issues and requirements as well as to share information such as testing techniques and results.
- Evaluate and interpret educational and technical requirements to develop test cases.
- Create or query to locate test data necessary to conduct tests.
- Identify and document defects, re-test fixes.
- Replicate issues as reported by users and document relevant information.
- Use a team based tool to track defects.
- Test and validate training and documentation materials associated with deliverables.
- Test hardware repairs as needed.
- Help ensure equality by revolutionizing universal access to educational content.
- Advance the state of electronic braille to keep pace with the changing demands of literacy in the information age.
- Train other departments within APH on new and existing products.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 1 – 2 years of software testing experience (through internships or other employment).
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems is preferred.
- Experience with accessibility services on one of the four major platforms (iOS, Android, Windows, or OSX).
- Understanding of braille required.
- Exposure to MS SQL or MySQL required (ability to write a query, understand how to join, group, and other elements).
- Programming experience a plus.
- Basic understanding of testing Web Services in complex systems integration environments consisting of Web, Application, Database and Integration servers.
- Ability to build and maintain solid working relationships across the organization.
- Excellent problem solving, time-management, and task prioritization skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change.
- Ability to explain issues and concepts, either verbally or in writing.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Public speaking experience is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to travel.
- Knowledge of virtual machines.
- Knowledge of Mac, PC, Android, and iOS operating systems.
To be considered for this position, please visit www.careerbuilder.com and submit a cover letter and resume.
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH) is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer.
Posted: December 15, 2016