Electronic Preservation of Braille Service
A special service offered by APH provides a way to electronically preserve the text contained in hard copy braille documents.
APH can scan your paper braille or metal plates!
- Would you like to preserve your paper braille documents by having them converted into electronic documents?
- Do you have a vintage braille book collection?
- Do you have braille pages that were transcribed using a slate or braillewriter?
- Do you have personal braille documents that you need to edit or to share with others?
- Do you have metal embossed mastering plates without the original electronic file?
- Do you have boxes and boxes of braille masters to thermoform?
Single sided or interpoint, paper or metal master plates — APH can create electronic braille files for you!
Using a special process, APH can scan braille documents and provide you with a braille-ready file on disc, or via email. You can edit this file using braille transcribing software or send it directly to a braille embosser or notetaker. All scanned files are proofread by an NLS certified braillist. Note: We cannot scan tactile graphic portions of braille documents.
Pricing and Federal Quota Availability
Please call Contract Administration for pricing.
Federal Quota funds may be used by Ex Officio Trustees for the preservation of materials originally purchased with Federal Quota dollars or for materials to be used with Federal Quota registered students.
For more information or for placing orders, contact:
American Printing House for the Blind, Inc.
1839 Frankfort Avenue
Louisville, KY 40206
Toll Free: 800-223-1839