APH Employment Opportunities: Audio Book Editor
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches and formats books and magazines for recording. Operates recording equipment and directs narrator for style and pronunciation during recording sessions.
- After recording, follows print copy of book while listening to recorded version checking for errors, mispronunciations, proper formatting, and background noise.
- Utilizes in-house software to edit audio files and create Digital Talking Books.
- Maintains paper and electronic records.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equipment, Machines, Tools, and Work Aids:
Computers; Digital Audio software; analog tape machines; extensive research materials including dictionaries and professional sources, such as authors and professors; and the Internet.
Education, Training & Experience Requirements:
A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in English, Linguistics, Foreign Language, Communications, or a related field is required. Pronouncing knowledge of at least one foreign language, or coursework in at least one foreign language is required. Successful candidate must pass a test to measure the ability to recognize problems in recorded materials. Proficient word processing ability and research and organizational skills required. Experience or interest in audio software processing.
7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday
7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Friday (with every other Friday off)
Please submit cover letter & resume to to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to ATTN Human Resources, American Printing House for the Blind, 1839 Frankfort Ave., Louisville, KY 40206.
APH is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status.EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.
Posted: December 5, 2013