How to Nominate a Leader to the Hall of Fame
What are the criteria?
- Persons who have made significant contributions to improve the lives of those who are blind or visual impaired in such areas as professional practice, research, writing, leadership, direct service, and/or in their professional organizations.
Who is Eligible?
- Persons are eligible five years after departure/retirement from positions where their significant lifetime body of work was made.
- Individuals from North America are eligible for nomination. (North America is defined as US, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean).
What is Required?
- Nominators must submit a comprehensive nomination packet including a thoroughly completed nomination form and three letters of support. If more than three letters are received, only the first three will be used. Electronic submission of the form and the support letters is preferred. Letters of support may be emailed to Kathy Smiddy at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to her at APH, Hall of Fame, 1839 Frankfort Avenue, Louisville, KY 40206 or faxed to 502/899-2334. In case of a possible submission error, please copy your nomination information prior to electronically submitting.
Where and when is Hall induction?
- Although there is an annual call for nominations, inductions are not necessarily on an annual schedule.
- The induction ceremonies will occur during the October Annual Meeting of the American Printing House for the Blind in Louisville, Kentucky.
How long do nominations remain active?
- Nominations that are not selected are held and reconsidered the following year. If not chosen in the second year, nominations must be resubmitted as a new nomination.
- Nomination forms and letters may be updated for the second year.
Questions? Please email them to email@example.com
Hall of Fame: Leaders and Legends of the Blindness Field is a project of the entire field of blindness. It is curated by the American Printing House for the Blind, a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization.
©2010, American Printing House for the Blind, Inc.