Detailed Purchasing Information for Quota Customers
General Purchasing Information
- JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite is distributed only by the American Printing House for the Blind for Quota purchases.
- Federal Quota funds can be used in the U.S. to purchase from APH for eligible students.
- Software can be purchased from APH with non-Quota funds (such as state funds or a credit card), if desired. Sold by APH in the U.S. and Canada.
Purchasing Instructions Using Quota Funds
- Ordering: Ex Officio Trustees can submit a signed Quota order to APH by fax or mail. The order can be for one or more JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite one-year subscriptions. Please provide APH with a contact person’s email address and telephone number on your Federal Quota order. Note: JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite cannot be ordered directly via shop.aph.org
- Receiving: APH will then email you a Serial Number and Authorization Code for each JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite subscription that you order. You will also receive a hard copy confirmation of each Serial Number and Authorization Code printed on the invoice that APH mails to you.
- Distribution: EOTs are responsible for distributing the Serial Numbers and Authorization Codes to those teachers or others in their states who have ordered JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite subscriptions on Quota.
- Renewals: EOTs are responsible for ordering annual renewals when needed by each student. A countdown built into the software lets the user know the days remaining in the annual subscription.
- How to Install: The email you receive will also contain links to the VFO website. These links allow you to download any combination of JAWS, ZoomText Magnifier/Reader, ZoomText Fusion Home, or MAGic for each student. For more information on installation and support please see tech.aph.org/jfw
Note: JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite licenses may be purchased any time during the year and multiple licenses may be purchased on a single Quota order. You will receive the Serial Number(s) and Authorization Code(s) very shortly after placing your order, but these may be held and activated at a later date. The 12-month period for each subscription does not begin until the date of activation.
Installation and Licensing Terms
- 12-month period begins from the date of the first device authorization.
- Subscription includes three authorizations and resets on request.
- A countdown in the software lets the user know the days remaining in the annual subscription.
- A new serial number will be issued for each yearly subscription and each serial number will have a one-year life from the date the first key is installed on a device. Three keys will be available to each student so they can install software on computers at school and home.
- Subscriptions are registered in the student’s name each year, and the subscription travels with the student if he or she changes schools. Note: Please be certain to register each serial number in the name of the student, not the name of the teacher.
- After four years of annual subscriptions registered to the student:
- Full Home Edition License for the applications the student has chosen will be issued free of charge to student
- No cost to school or parent for the Home Edition
- Technical support directly from VFO included
- Service Maintenance Agreement (SMA) included to cover the student for the remainder of their K-12 education
- Note: The four years of subscriptions do not need to be contiguous for the student to qualify for the Home Edition License.
- Note: If students wish to continue using JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite if they leave high school before the four-year subscription period ends, they are required to purchase the remainder of the license.
After the Student Graduates from Grade 12
- Student can contact VFO to enter the SMA program for their existing Student Access Suite license
- Current cost for the Home Edition SMA is $120 for two years
- Note: The Home Edition SMA must be purchased with non-Quota funds
Note: The Home Edition SMA is not available with Federal Quota funds.
Example Subscription for a 4th Grade Student
Students who are added to the subscription package in fourth grade would, after four years, have a license and all benefits, including updates, transferred to them for continued use until they leave high school, for free. At that time, they may continue to use the software, but they will be required to pay for the SMA to continue receiving updates and additional benefits.
JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite Subscription After Grade 12
Students may transition to the Home Edition Service Maintenance Agreement (SMA) AFTER purchasing four years of JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite subscriptions at $300 per year. After four years of Student subscriptions, the student license will turn into fully-licensed JAWS, ZoomText Magnifier/Reader, ZoomText Fusion Home, or MAGic Home Editions. If a student is in the latter part of his or her elementary school work, he or she may continue to purchase JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite subscriptions even after graduating from grade 12, as long as the subscription is started while the student is working at grade 12 or under.
Example of Transitioning a Subscription After Grade 12
The first year of a JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite subscription is purchased for a student in grade 12 for $300 (the first year can be purchased either using Quota funds or non-Quota funds). When the student graduates from high school, the second year of the four-year subscription MUST be purchased for the student for $300, but ONLY with non-Quota funds. In this example, a college-bound student would use non-Quota funds to purchase the second year for $300 as a college freshman, the third year for $300 as sophomore, and the fourth year for $300 as a junior. As a college senior, he or she can then opt to transition to the SMA for $120 for two years.