APH Products: Returns, Warranties, and Repair Policy
Defective Merchandise: APH makes every effort to inspect merchandise before it leaves our facility. If by chance you do receive an item that is defective, we will repair or replace it at no cost to you (we do reserve the right to choose whether we will repair or replace the item). In the case of items that have a specific warranty, we must be notified within one year of the date the item was shipped to the end user. In the case of items that do not have a specific warranty, we must be notified within 30 days of the date the item was shipped to the end user. For more information on warranties, please refer to the following section.
Other Returns: We want you to be satisfied! You may return most APH products for any reason within 60 days of the date that the item was shipped from us, subject to the following conditions:
- We require prior authorization for a return. Please call APH Customer Service toll-free at 800-223-1839 to explain which items you would like to return. You may also email customer service at email@example.com. We will give you a Return Authorization Number. When preparing the item for return to APH, please write this Return Authorization Number on the outside of the shipping container. APH will refuse a product return if the Return Authorization Number is not written on the outside of the shipping container. When returning items to APH, please include your original purchase order number or a copy of the original packing slip or invoice. This will allow us to process your return more quickly.
- Items must be undamaged and in resalable condition.
- A 10% restocking charge may be deducted from your refund. This charge will not exceed $15.00 per item for individuals and $50.00 per item for organizations.
Note: (1) The following items may not be returned for any reason other than defects; (2) An order for the following books may not be canceled once production of the book has begun:
- Software: APH offers free demo versions of our software for you to try. Once you have ordered a full copy of the software, whether a CD or an digital download, the software may not be returned. The only exception is that you may return a defective CD
- Special-order items, including custom-made books
- Large print books (Catalog number prefixes 4-, A-L, L-, J-, L-C, or M-)
- Braille books (Catalog number prefix A-B and T-N)
- Thermoform Braille books (Catalog number prefix T-)
Limited Warranties on APH Products
Most APH products are covered by a limited warranty. Certain products are covered by a warranty that expires one year from the date the item is shipped to the end user. All other APH products are covered by a warranty that expires 30 days from the date the item is shipped to the end user. Warranty does not apply in cases of customer modification, misuse, or abuse of APH products. Please note that extended warranties do not cover replacement of electronic product accessories, including rechargable batteries.
Call Customer Service, please do not return to APH:
- Book Port PlusTM: 1-07191-00
- Braille+TM Mobile Manager: 1-07450-01
- Braille+ QWERTY Docking Station: 1-07452-00
- Miniguide US: 1-07006-00
- Orion TI-36X Talking Scientific Calculator: 1-07335-01
- PrimerTM: Electronic Magnifier (discontinued): 1-03929-00
- Refreshabraille 18TM: 1-07445-01
- Sherlock Talking Label Identifier: 1-07410-00
- ZeitGeist Talking Time Machine: 1-03974-00 or 1-03974-SP
General Repair Policy
If you are experiencing trouble with an APH product, please call 1-800-223-1839. Explain the problem to our friendly Customer Service staff. It is possible that we can help you over the phone. If it is determined that your product does require servicing, please use the following guidelines.
Products Under Warranty: If your product is still under warranty, we will repair or replace the item at no cost to you (subject to some restrictions). Call Customer Service at 1-800-223-1839 to obtain a Return Authorization Number (Return Authorization Number not needed for electronic products--see next paragraph). Please write the Return Authorization Number on the outside of the shipping container, then ship the product to us along with a written description of the problem. APH will refuse a product return if the Return Authorization Number is not written on the outside of the shipping container.
Electronic Products Under Warranty--Return Authorization Number Not Needed: Unlike all other APH products, electronic products do not require a Return Authorization Number for an under-warranty repair. Note: We can more accurately determine the problem for electronic products if you include all accessories such as batteries, battery clips, power adapters, and headphones; however, please note that extended warranties do not cover replacement of these accessories. Please call Customer Service about the warranty on the following products: Book Port Plus, Braille+ Mobile Manager, Braille+ QWERTY Docking Station, Compact+ Hand-Held Electronic Magnifier, i-vu Electronic Magnifier, MaximEyes Video Magnifier, Miniguide US, Orion TI-36X Talking Scientific Calculator, PrimerTM Electronic Magnifier, Refreshabraille 18, Sherlock Talking Label Identifier, ZeitGeist Talking Time Machine. Please return these products to "Attn: Repair Department".
Products Out of Warranty — Set Fee for Each Product: There is a specific, set repair fee for each commonly serviced APH product (please refer to chart below). The set fee allows us to more quickly and efficiently service your product.
The fee is to be submitted at the time the product is shipped to APH for repairs. Please be sure to include a written description of the problem. You may pay the fee with a check; money order; Discover®, MasterCard®, Visa®, or American Express® credit card; purchase order; or Federal Quota order. If you do not include the set repair fee, your equipment will not be repaired until the fee is received.
You will not be charged more than the set fee for a particular item no matter how extensive the necessary repair. Items which are not repairable will be returned to you. For an unrepairable item, you will receive a refund of the repair fee, with a $5.00 handling charge deducted.
If you have questions, please call Customer Service, 1-800-223-1839.
Set Repair Fees for APH Products:
- Handi-Cassette II: 1-07085-00 — $85.00
- Mini-Lite Box: 1-08661-00 — $65.00
- Perkins Brailler: 1-00800-00 and 1-00860-00 — $150.00
- Portable Sound Source III (discontinued): 1-03040-01 — $50.00
- Portable Sound Source 2003: 1-03040-02 — $50.00
Warranty on Repairs
There is a 90-day warranty for work performed by APH on repaired equipment. This warranty covers both labor and parts. As always, the warranty does not apply in cases of customer modification, misuse, or abuse of APH products. Please note that extended warranties do not cover replacement of electronic product accessories, including rechargeable batteries.