Vendors are invited to review the Requests for Proposals below. Vendors who wish to submit bids should follow the submission guidelines and deadlines listed in each RFP.
The American Printing House for the Blind is the world’s largest manufacturer of products for people who are blind and visually impaired. We are a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization. APH is located in Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
Request for Proposal for High Speed Color and Black and White Printers
- This Request for Proposal (RFP) seeks responses from vendor(s) / manufacturer(s) / reseller(s) and /or financial / lending institutions to provide high quality color and black and white printing devices. Such devices need to be capable of producing in excess of 110 pages per minute based on a size of 8.5”x11” sheet.
Request for Proposal for Tablet-Based Portable Digital Magnifier Development, Manufacturing and Support
- The Research Department of the American Printing House for the Blind would like to expand its product line to include a tablet-based portable digital magnifier.
Request for Proposal for Websites Architecture, Design, Development, and Support
- This Request for Proposal (RFP) is for information architecture, design, development, and support services for new websites for The American Printing House for the Blind. APH has multiple websites that can broadly be divided into three types: informational sites, e-commerce site, and interactive applications designed for teachers or users who are blind.
Design of a 40-Cell QWERTY Keyboard Braille Display
There are two ways to bid on this project.
- Submit a proposal for a design that APH will purchase from the designer. It will be taken to a manufacturer, and APH will own all Intellectual Property.
- Submit a prototype and the option to manufacture the device. In this case, the bidder owns the Intellectual Property, and APH purchases only the manufactured product.