The American Printing House for the Blind and the Accessible Tests Department are committed to providing the services needed to make tests and related materials accessible to individuals who are blind or visually impaired. APH is prepared to assist with all phases of test accessibility from item development and bias review through production, shipping, and product support.
- Collaborating with test developers, test publishers, school psychologists, test administrators, researchers, teachers, parents, and test takers
- Consulting on issues related to testing students who are blind or visually impaired
- Conducting test item bias review
- Conducting accessibility review
- Editing tests for presentation in accessible media
- Transcribing tests into braille
- Designing and creating tactile graphics and large print masters
- Coordinating editing of tests for multimedia presentation
- Producing tests in tactile, print, and audio formats
- Proofreading tests
- Providing test administration notes for adapted versions
- Providing training, workshops, information, and in-services
- Adapting, creating, or providing accessible test-related tools and materials (e.g. rulers, protractors, raised line graph paper, etc.)
- Providing test preparation materials, practice tests, answer documents, administration manuals and other test-related documents in accessible media
- Sharing resources and disseminating information via the Accessible Tests Department web page
To provide tests, practice tests, test preparation materials, test administration manuals, and other test-related materials in high quality accessible media in a timely manner; to promote the inclusion of blind and visually impaired individuals during test development; and to enhance the test performance of students who are blind or visually impaired through research, education, and communication.
Association of Test Publishers (ATP)
ATP members are pledged to promote and advance the integrity of assessment services, their products, and their value to society. For more information on ATP, please visit their web site at www.testpublishers.org
Educational Testing Services (ETS)
The American Printing House for the Blind has been certified by ETS as a "test safe" company because of APH's sound security procedures. ETS is the world's largest private educational testing and measurement organization. For more information on ETS, please visit www.ets.org
To discuss these services or other test needs, please contact the Accessible Tests Department at 800-223-1839 or email@example.com For free estimates, talk with Contract Administration staff.
The Accessible Tests Department of the American Printing House for the Blind--Helping to ensure that state assessments and commercialy available tests are accessible to students who are blind or visually impaired.
©2006, American Printing House for the Blind, Inc.