APH Career Opportunity: Business Administrator
Under the supervision of the Director of Educational Product Research, this position is responsible for managing the daily activities of a product development division with about 50 employees. Activities primarily include financial reporting of a 5 million dollar budget, data interpretation, administrative support requiring engagement with all staff members, coordinating and booking events and travel for staff and consultants, and overseeing the purchase and maintenance of all office assets.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Reporting and Data Interpretation
- Primarily responsible for overseeing the department’s annual budget process which includes: report and template development, communication with staff, meeting planning, compiling data, and reporting the final budget plan to the Finance Department
- Prepares complex monthly grant/labor reports. These monthly grant/labor reports are used by the Accounting Department to make entries to the general ledger.
- Assists in the issuance and maintenance of prescribed contractual agreements, maintenance of purchasing records and acquisition requirements
- Update monthly status reports, track financial progress of projects
- Process daily: purchase requisitions, invoices, travel requests and expense reports for staff, consultants and vendors
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll reports
- Administrative Support:
- Provides administrative and project management support to the Director, Program Manager, and Project Leaders
- Assists in maintaining the recordkeeping requirements and correspondence activities associated with the new product submission process
- Event Planning:
- Develops and maintains a detailed project schedule that includes administrative tasks and all sites involved in the project
- Coordinate travel logistics of staff and consultants
- Asset Management
- Oversee the procurement and maintenance of software, hardware, furniture and office supply needs for staff of 50 members
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in accounting, finance or business administration preferred
- A minimum of three years experience in accounting, finance and/or business administration required
- Ability to use standard office equipment (copier, printer, fax machine etc)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Access, Outlook and Word. Must pass computer test demonstrating advanced excel skills.
- Ability to manage and complete many tasks simultaneously which maintaining a professional attitude required
- Must be able to communicate clearly (written and verbal) to technical and non-technical internal customers
- Have a proven organizational mindset that ensures accurate, logical organization of files/documents/records, and maintains effective control of forms
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills and strong attention to detail
- Discretion in dealing with proprietary and sensitive information
- Leadership qualities and the ability to resolve conflict
Please apply online. If you have any issues with the application, please contact 502-899-2240.
APH is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer.