APH Career Opportunity: Computer Support Specialist
Under the supervision of the Senior Network Administrator, the Computer Support Specialist will support APH employees in all aspects of the organizations computing environment including installation, administration, training and support on all hardware and software. As a primary point of contact for the department, excellent communication skills and customer support are required to provide not only technical solutions but satisfactory training and explanation on all supported systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide desktop hardware support to end users including but not limited to PC’s, Mac’s, copiers, printers, mobile phones, VOIP phones, projectors, and AV equipment.
- Provide user OS/software support and administration including but not limited to Active Directory, Office365, SharePoint, Microsoft Office, Antivirus, Windows 7/10 and Mac OS.
- Communicate with various internal users across functional areas at APH and vendors to provide collaboration, testing and support on new system implementations and deployment
- Maintain accurate written technical documentation and follow established written procedures with minimum supervision.
- Develop training materials and classes to educate end users on application use and best practices
- Answer phone calls and enter tickets for end users
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Network Administrator
Education, Training & Experience Requirements:
- At least 2 years’ experience in Computer Support.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- CompTIA A+ certification recommended.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows OS troubleshooting, Basic Microsoft Active Directory End User Administration, Mac OS, mobile device support (iOS/Android), AV support strategies, remote software tools, and basic networking
- Proficiency with standard hardware, software programs, and networking devices.
- Experience with administering and supporting telephones (VoIP systems).
- Excellent researching and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good organization skills and attention to detail are necessary
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
APH is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer.