APH Career Opportunity: Cost Accountant
Under the supervision of the Plant Controller, this position serves as oversight for established operational policies and procedure for the preparation and analysis of costing reports and costing audits. This position identifies and examines costs inconsistent with budgeted values and ensures that product cost and department expenses are correctly applied.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews all new part structures and routings to ensure products are costed correctly.
- Develop cost estimates for all customer quotes and government contracts to use in developing selling prices.
- Prepares month end and year end costing reports for distribution to supervisors and for analysis.
- Analyze costing reports for variances and applied costs.
- Review cost General Ledger accounts and create journal entries.
- Review and resolves costing/WIP issues/problems with supervisors, operations, engineering, planners, and contract administration.
- Responsible for the collection, inputting, analyzing, and reporting of units produced from all areas of production.
- Develop and document new procedures as needed to improve processes and internal controls.
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of three years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing environment. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Computer literate. Strong Excel and Access skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word. Knowledge, skills, experience, or ability to learn Manufacturing Operations System software.
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards.
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
Compensation and Application
Salary is in the upper $40k – lower $50k range
Salary Negotiable based on education and experience.
Please apply online. If you have any trouble with the online form, please contact 502-899-2243.
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH) is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer.