APH Career Opportunity: Creative Services Director
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH), a world leader in creating learning solutions and pathways to success for children and adults who are blind or visually impaired, is seeking a Creative Services Director to head a team of multimedia professionals at our Louisville, Kentucky headquarters. We need a visionary leader, who can effectively paint a picture of an inclusive world without barriers. Through accessible graphic design, video, photography, audio and other media, the Creative Services Director will inspire others to work toward a future that provides equity and possibility for the people we serve. We are seeking an experienced and passionate professional who believes without a doubt that creativity can help, inspire, motivate action, and change lives.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Sales, the successful candidate will help develop new branding and strategy for the organization reflecting a new strategic vision, highlighting APH’s emerging position in cutting edge educational technology and global markets, and building on an established reputation as an international leader in the field of blindness and visual impairment. The Creative Services Director will be an inclusive leader, respectful and engaged with a collaborative management style and a proactive focus on results, opportunities, and service. The successful candidate will build and oversee a Creative Services Department of 4-6 staff and other vendors that produce a variety of accessible multimedia materials for print, web, social media, conference and museum exhibits, etc.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures consistency of APH’s branding and positioning including visuals and messaging
- Works with the Marketing and Communications Director and the Sales Director to develop creative materials that support APH’s sales, marketing, and communications strategies and messaging
- Conceives, develops, and produces effective creative materials Approves and rejects creative concepts
- Oversees campaigns from concept to completion, monitors effectiveness and adjusts strategy as needed
- Supervises departmental staff and carries out various department administrative responsibilities. Assures the ongoing professional development of all department staff. Motivates staff to use their talents creatively and effectively
- Advocates for and assures the highest accessibility standards in all communication from APH internally and externally
- Implements policies, processes, and technology necessary for successful project management
- Develops and maintains departmental processes and reports on impacts and benchmarks regularly
- Works with various APH in-house media services departments and external vendors in successful partnership to meet project goals and budgets
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
- Proven experience as a creative director or in a similar creative role
- Bachelor’s degree or other combination of education and experience. At least 5 years of experience preferred, with 3 years in a supervisory or leadership role
- Hands-on experience and ability in creative services work with at least a general understanding of the skills and processes needed to undertake graphic design, web development, video production, photography, and digital design projects (Portfolio link requested.)
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills – self-directed with excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Experience producing accessible media is a plus
- Preference shown to candidates with agency and/or entrepreneurial experience
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH) is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer.