APH Career Opportunity: Facilities Manager
Reporting to the President, this position is responsible for maintaining full functionality, appearance and security of the 282.000 sq. ft. facility, and 6.23-acre campus. The Facility Manager makes routine assessments of conditions and makes recommendations of possible solutions to short and long term facilities needs in conjunction with the Executive Management team, production staff, and other employees. This position is the primary point of contact for all security, emergency, and disaster events. This position provides oversight-involving changes to the facility, ensures proper utility usage/ functionality, and monitors and installs necessary safety and security controls. A strong background in project management, rapid decision-making skills in complex and emergency situations, solid experience in building construction and systems, and industrial equipment maintenance is essential.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote company objectives through strong leadership abilities; supervise and provide direction to all Facility Maintenance personnel.
- Work closely with Executive Management, Production and Finance, develops plans, and manages capital and expense projects.
- Solicit bids for services; manage contracts of various contractors and vendors providing equipment and services; included are plant machinery, building, grounds and security.
- Enforce compliance with company, local, state and federal safety rules and regulations and standards for the facility, its equipment and systems. Promotes safe work practices and behaviors.
- Monitor condition of building, develop strategies and make recommendations for repairs to improve overall condition to ensure long-term structural integrity.
- Monitor existing preventative/ predictive maintenance programs, facilitate improvements; confront and solve performance/ operational issues to improve issues that affect plant performance and downtime, and reduce reactive maintenance.
- Monitor operation of building systems for proper operation/ energy efficiencies; make recommendations for repair or replacement in order to improve operating costs/ reduce energy consumption; develop long-term strategies to improve operating costs.
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or Business Administration, or 5+ years as a certified Facility Manager, or 10+ years of experience in progressive facility leadership position without a degree.
- Previous experience developing and managing large-scale facility general maintenance operational and capital budgets is essential.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical systems maintenance in a facility environment is required; documented experience in industrial equipment maintenance, including design, fabrication, and modification of control circuitry panels, PLC and relays controls, heaters and temperature controllers, vacuum-systems and pumps, pneumatic and hydraulics controls, and various process control sensors.
- Construction project management experience of 3 -5 years with a strong understanding of structural design, construction and building methods; documented experience with major renovation projects a plus.
- Previous experience with asset management, facility energy management, and management of security/ building access and camera systems management are beneficial.
- Ability to analyze needed facility repairs, communicates effectively with contractors, solicits bids, and determines contractor appropriate best suited to facilitate repairs, while conforming to company guidelines.
- Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office Suite; Experience with AutoCAD and inventory control software required.
- Ability multi-task, effectively communicate ideas, quickly adapt or change priorities based on daily events, start and stop tasks as needed to adjust to short term planning shifts while maintaining long term goals.
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH) is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran