APH Career Opportunity: Sales Director
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH) is seeking an experienced professional with an entrepreneurial background to build and captain a Sales Department committed to carrying out its 160-year mission of providing comprehensive products and services that improve the lives of its customers. Applicants should have strong organizational skills, be a self-starter, and exemplify a commitment to qualify sales leads and closing end user and institutional sales. This individual will report to the Vice President of Marketing, and will be responsible for exponentially growing sales revenues by spearheading an aggressive, yet manageable sales plan. The Sales Director will create incremental revenue streams and distribution opportunities that will serve as a platform for hiring regional sales managers that he/she will supervise.
The American Printing House of the Blind has an exemplary reputation providing products and services to individuals who are vision-impaired and who may have secondary disabilities. Experience providing services to low incidents, niche markets is preferred, as is a background in managing Regional and Conference product exhibitions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with the Marketing/Communications Director and the Creative Services Director to develop strategies and creative materials that support sales goals
- Provides and manages an annual products/services sales forecast, making quarterly adjustments
- Submits and conducts sales oriented presentations at national conferences and other events
- Supervises departmental staff and carries out various department administrative responsibilities. Assures the ongoing professional development of all sales staff. Motivates staff to meet personal and department sales goals
- Advocates for and assures the highest accessibility standards in all communication from APH internally and externally
- Implements policies, processes, and technology necessary for successful customer relationship management
- Develops and maintains department processes for recruiting new business and reports on results regularly
- Engages in new business and sales relationship building activity, creates lead generation strategies, and develops essential partnerships for APH’s success
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
- 4-year degree, preferably in business, marketing, and/or communications
- A minimum of five years of sales experience
- Three years of management/supervisory experience
- The ability to travel a minimum of 8 nights per month
- Experience building and managing distribution channels
- Demonstrate effective communication with current and potential suppliers
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills – self-directed with excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH) is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer.