APH Career Opportunity: Senior Administrative Assistant
Reporting to the Vice-President of Marketing and Sales, and the Vice-President of Government and Community Affairs the Senior Administrative Assistant provides secretarial and administrative support services to the departments supporting APH’s in-house creative communications department, sales operation, and government and community affairs services.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages various department calendars and schedules.
- Coordinates meetings, activities, and events. Duties may include hosting; menu planning; document preparation and disbursement; logistics solutions, and communication.
- Makes travel arrangements, including booking flights, hotels, and rental cars. Processes and reviews travel claims for completeness and accuracy.
- Processes project intake forms and tracks the progress of short- and long-term projects.
- Solid organizational and critical thinking skills and ability to multi-task.
- Organize, prioritize and respond to phone calls and emails; handles matters as appropriate and in a timely and professional manner.
- Writes letters and handles other correspondence.
- Assists in the creation of presentations.
- Provides assistance with organizing the annual Insights Arts competition.
- Provides occasional back-up support with museum tours.
- Solid financial acumen to prepare and review certain expenditures, time sheets, contracts, purchase orders, etc. for approval.
- Advocates for and assures the highest accessibility standards in all communication from APH.
- Maintains a positive, professional appearance.
- Willingness and flexibility to adapt to new responsibilities and work across all levels of the organization.
- Completes other projects or assignments as directed.
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
- College degree desired. Demonstrated and proven experience may be substituted.
- Minimum of 2-3 years proven experience providing business leader administrative support and/or project management experience.
- Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Microsoft Access a plus.
- Exemplary organization, planning and time management skills.
- Up-to-date with advancements in office technology and applications.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- High level verbal and excellent written communications skills. Proofreading and editing skills a plus.
- Must exercise discretion and confidentiality.
- Must be motivated, a problem-solver, and have the ability to work through tasks independently.
Please apply online. If you have any trouble with the online form, please contact 502-899-2243.
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH) is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer.