APH Career Opportunity: Senior Network Administrator
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized System Administrator to join our team. In this position, you will play a key role in providing support for all areas of IT. You will update systems, troubleshoot problems, and provide hands-on support for IT issues within our organization, manage in-house computer software systems, servers, storage devices and network connections to ensure high availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
As the Sr. Network Administrator you will function as an engineer in a managed services environment supporting a variety of departments The systems administrator’s primary responsibilities include monitoring, administering, and supporting the core services of a mixed Windows Server (2008/2012/2016) environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs systems maintenance, upgrades, capacity planning, and administration.
- Develops, documents, and standardizes preventative maintenance routines to ensure system availability and performance standards on production systems.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves incidents and problems within defined service level agreements (SLAs).
- Communicates effectively
- Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016)
- Manage Active Directory, Microsoft office 365, servers and workstations.
- Core Server infrastructure (DNS, DHCP, SNMP, etc.)
- TCP/IP Networking
- Microsoft failover clustering
- Blade chassis management (Dell blade servers, etc.)
- Server Optimization and Hardening
- System backup and restore management
- VMware + HyperV
- Diskpart / Disk extends, and working knowledge of SAN technology
- Windows Debug, Crash dump analysis
- Windows OS Patching, Driver and firmware updates
- Ability to lift 50lbs, datacenter racking\stacking, cabling
- Other duties as defined by management
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- VMware + HyperV: 5 years
- TCP/IP Networking: 5 years
- Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016): 4 years
- Core Server infrastructure (DNS, DHCP, SNMP, etc.): 5 years
- Client Email Etiquette
- Effectively lead detailed technical discussions and develop and present required briefing materials to ensure the customer’s needs are met.
- Experience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high‐quality environment
- Must have excellent team and collaboration skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of MCSA/ MCSE 2012, VCP, and ITILv3 are a plus
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH) is a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer.