Official Contest Rules
Unforgettable APH Star! Products Video Contest, Fall 2017
- Students, parents, teachers, administrators, rehab instructors, and all customers of the American Printing House for the Blind (APH) are invited to shoot videos demonstrating their favorite APH products.
- APH employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter a video in the contest.
- Your video must include one or more persons who are blind or visually impaired demonstrating uses of APH products.
- The video must demonstrate a currently available product from the American Printing House for the Blind.
- Your video should give viewers a good general idea of what the product is.
- Your video should include sufficient dialogue and descriptions (for example, words that appear on the screen, such as the title of the video, should be spoken aloud).
- You should say aloud the name(s) of the APH product(s) you are featuring.
- Your video should be no longer than 5 minutes.
- You or your team may enter one video.
- Your video may not use any copyrighted video footage, images, or music, unless you own the copyright. Note: You can search for free source material using creativecommons.org
Submitting Your Video
We offer two methods of submitting your video to the contest:
1) Submit by Upload:
- Fill out our online video contest submission form on Google Forms.
- After you complete your form and click the Submit button, you will be presented with a Confirmation page. Follow the instructions on the Confirmation page to electronically upload your video to us using a service called ShareFile. You will not need a ShareFile account to upload your video.
- The video upload using ShareFile is a private upload for judging purposes — your video will only be seen by APH staff until judging is complete. After the winners are announced, we will place your video on the APH website for public viewing.
- Videos must be uploaded by 11:59 pm on Saturday, November 25, 2017.
2) Submit by Mail:
- A completed entry form must be mailed with each video. All applicable information must be completed, or the entry may be disqualified.
- All videos must be mailed to:
Unforgettable APH Star Contest
Attention: Janie Blome
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY 40206
- Videos may be submitted on a DVD or flash drive. DVDs and flash drives will not be returned to you.
- Videos must be postmarked by Wednesday, October 18, 2017.
Posting of Videos by APH
- All appropriate videos that are submitted will be posted for streaming on the APH website and on APH’s YouTube page.
- After prizes are awarded, a link to the winning videos will be posted on APH’s homepage.
- Contestants retain the right to show or distribute their videos.
- Videos will be judged on the effectiveness of the message and the content. Videos will not be judged on production values.
- Judging will be conducted by a panel of APH staff members. All decisions are final.
- Judging will be conducted on or after Saturday, November 25, 2017.
- APH reserves the right to disqualify videos for any reason.
- APH reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or modify this contest and/or the official contest rules.
- Up to $150.00 cash for the top three videos as chosen by APH judges
- People’s Choice Award of $75.00 for the video that receives the most votes from the public
- APH t-shirts for teachers, parents, or co-workers who record the winning videos
- By entering the contest, you agree to being photographed and having your voice recorded. You agree to the use of your photograph for advertising, publicity, and commercial purposes.
- You consent to allow APH to publicize the video producers by releasing any information provided on the entry form.
- You must have permission from each person shown in the video to use their image. If people under the age of 18 are shown in the video, you must have permission from their parents or guardians.