Federal Quota Product Eligibility Criteria
All products offered through the Federal Quota Program, whether manufactured totally or in part by external vendors or at APH, must meet the following criteria. They must be:
- specially developed or adapted educational materials designed to meet the instructional needs of blind and visually impaired students;
Note: This includes accessories that add to the effective use of products approved for purchase through the Federal Quota Program and products used as parts of kits.
- commercially unavailable at the time of development;
Note: If a similar product becomes commercially available during or after APH’s development of the product, criteria such as quality and cost will be used to determine whether APH continues development and/or sale of the product through the Federal Quota Program.
- manufactured totally or in part at APH, or manufactured by others to meet APH specifications;
- designed and targeted to be used by blind and visually impaired students working at less than college level or for service providers who work with blind and visually impaired students at less than college level; and
- available in the United States exclusively from APH.
Note: If APH partners with another company to develop a product, it could possibly be sold by that company in the United States as well.