In May 2017, the EPAC met for the fifteenth year as a formal advisory committee to APH—meeting with project leaders and other APH staff. The committee appreciated the time dedicated to project discussions and preparation for the EPAC visit. The APH staff clearly demonstrates passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the vision of the company and is dedicated to the development of products for students who are blind and visually impaired.
The EPAC Commendations 2017
- The EPAC commends APH for its unwavering commitment to the company’s original mission in the face of inevitable exponential change and in light of unavoidable internal and external pressures.
- The EPAC commends APH for recognizing and honoring the ideas and skill sets of the company’s talented and dedicated employees and for allowing considerable behind-the-scenes access in order to facilitate more comprehensive understanding of critical internal methods and processes.
- The EPAC commends APH’s determined pursuit of grant opportunities which enable the purchase of productivity solutions designed to maximize efficiency–thereby facilitating more streamlined development and completion timelines.
- The EPAC commends APH for exploring process management solutions (e.g., Microsoft Project, Enterprise Resource Planning–ERP) to facilitate more seamless procedural collaboration between departments resulting in increased efficiency.
- The EPAC commends APH’s planned shopping website redesign, particularly with regard to greater visibility of parts lists and links to additional resources, which will provide increased product clarity for educators and other customers resulting in a more satisfactory purchasing experience.
- The EPAC commends APH’s development of a new strategic plan which will enable the company to:
- respond nimbly to dynamic market conditions and customer needs
- acquire and employ human capital and other resources to strengthen the brand
- serve underrepresented populations
- explore additional funding streams
- locate new product markets, and
- become a “go-to” information clearinghouse for students, practitioners, families, administrators, researchers, and others.
- The EPAC commends APH for developing cross-platform solutions (e.g., mobile browsing), allowing for greater availability of highly-relevant instructional software and exploration of other products.
- The EPAC commends APH for making available no-cost and low-cost digital offerings including Braille Blaster, Talking Typer for iOS, Draw2Measure protractor, and others under consideration/ development.
- The EPAC commends APH’s expansion of mutually beneficial outside partnerships.
- The EPAC commends APH for undertaking relevant product modernization.
- The EPAC commends APH staff for their passion, dedication, creativity, and responsiveness.