Assistive Technology for Students Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired: A Guide to Assessment
This comprehensive handbook is the essential resource for teachers of students with visual impairments, administrators, technology professionals, and anyone who needs to keep up with the ever-changing world of technology.
This item is made to order. Expect 5-7 business days to print and 3-4 days shipping.
Assistive technology is essential in today’s world to enable people who are blind or visually impaired to participate fully in school, work, and life. But which assistive technology tools are right for your students?
Assistive Technology For Students Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired: A Guide to Assessment contains a wealth of technical information translated into clear, user-friendly terms.
- An overview of the full range of assistive technology that students can use to manage information in print or electronic formats-whether they use vision, touch or hearing to access information.
- How to select appropriate tools and strategies
- A structured process for conducting a technology assessment.
- Detailed assessment forms that can be used to determine students' technology needs and solutions to address them.
- Advice on writing up program recommendations based on assessment results.
- Reproducible, blank assessment forms.
Book Genre: Educational
Devices: Audio, Braille Writers, Braillers, Calculators, Magnifiers, Measuring Devices, Multiple Disabilities Products, Musical Devices, Readers, Recorders, Tablet, Talking, Talking and Audible Products
Federal Quota Funds: Not Available
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–4:30pm EST