Miniguide US with Braille User’s Guide
Federal Quota Eligible
3 in stock
Catalog Number: 1-07007-00
This portable electronic travel device is ideal for use by blind and deafblind persons.
The Miniguide US is a tiny, handheld electronic travel device that can enhance the effectiveness of a blind person’s primary travel method. It uses ultrasound to detect objects, and gives tactual or auditory feedback by vibrating or chirping more rapidly as you approach an object.
When used with a cane or dog guide, the Miniguide US can help a blind person avoid obstacles and overhangs; locate landmarks; locate items such as mailboxes or trash cans; and find paths through crowds at ranges from 20 inches to 26 feet.
- Tactile feedback: the closer the object, the faster the vibration
- Auditory feedback when used with headphone (NOT included): the closer the object, the faster the chirp
- Useful for: persons who are visually impaired; and hard of hearing or deafblind.
- Five default ranges: 8 meters, 4 meters, 2 meters, 1 meters, and 1/2 meter
- Two large button controls: front button turns unit on, off, and selects the range, back button selects gap-finding mode
- User-friendly: advanced settings do not show up unless specifically turned on Advanced settings: can select range presets, change type of auditory feedback, and manage the optional Remote Unit
- Case: durable plastic Small size: 3 x 1 x 1 1/2 inches
- Miniguide US unit
- AAA battery (user-replaceable)
- 123 Lithium, 3-Volt Battery (user-replaceable)
- Quick Start reference sheets in print and braille
WARNING: The Miniguide US should be used along with a human guide, dog guide, or cane because it does not detect drop-offs and does not provide sufficient information to ensure safety.
Note: APH does not carry the manual for this item in inventory for immediate delivery ― when you order it, we will produce it for you as a special order; therefore, allow several weeks for delivery.
Downloadable Manual: This publication is also available as a free-of-charge download ― print or emboss it as needed using the downloaded file found at our downloadable manuals page.
Weight: 1.24 lbs
Dimensions: 10.8 × 12.45 × 2.4 in
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–8:00pm EST
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.