Talking Typer (for iOS devices), Quota Purchase
Federal Quota Eligible
569 in stock
Catalog Number: D-30021-APL
An accessible typing and computer keyboard tutorial app with a keyboard game to help increase speed and accuracy in a fun environment!
Learn to type or improve your skills with drills, practice lessons, keyboard explorer, and an entertaining game. It is designed for blind and visually impaired students, but can be used by sighted students too. This makes it a great tool for the whole class.
35 Built-in Lessons
Talking Typer for iOS devices comes with 35 built-in lessons at levels 1-10. Teachers and parents can create new lessons, edit lessons, and assign lessons to individual students or groups. Speed, accuracy, and typing level can also be set for individual students or groups. The app saves the results of each drill allowing students, teachers, and parents to monitor improvement.
Hurry Scurry Game
The app also includes the exciting game Hurry Scurry, where students earn points by typing letters before the ball drops. It’s fun for all ages and skill levels!
Self-Voicing and Apple® VoiceOver Accessible
The app is both self-voicing and accessible with Apple’s VoiceOver. The onboard keyboard of your device can be used with Talking Typer, but an external keyboard is recommended.
The app can also be used with a refreshable braille display, like APH’s Refreshabraille 18TM Bluetooth®-enabled device, making it accessible for students who are deafblind as well.
Recommended ages: All.
Note: Math Robot IS available with Quota funds!
Talking Typer iOS, Quota Purchase cannot be directly ordered via APH.org, but can be ordered on Quota using the instructions listed below.
How to Purchase Talking Typer on Quota: Talking Typer cannot be directly ordered from shop.aph.org, please follow these instructions for Quota ordering:
- Ordering: Ex Officio Trustees can submit a signed Quota order to APH by fax or mail. The order can be for one or more Talking Typer licenses. Please provide APH with a contact person’s email address or telephone number on your Federal Quota order. Note: At this time, Talking Typer cannot be ordered via shop.aph.org using Quota funds.
- Receiving: APH will then email you an Apple Content Code for each license that you order. You will also receive a hard copy confirmation of each code printed on the invoice that APH mails to you.
- Distribution: EOTs are responsible for distributing Apple Content Codes to those teachers or others in their states who have ordered Talking Typer on Quota.
- How to Install: The end user will install Talking Typer by: going to the App Store on his or her iPad and using the Apple Content Code to download Talking Typer: open App Store > select the “Featured” tab > scroll to the bottom of the Featured screen > select “Redeem” > enter the password for the iPad > follow instructions on Redeem screen.
- Purchase from Apple Using Non-Quota Funds: You will still have the option to purchase the app from the App Store using non-Quota funds.
Talking Typer, Quota Purchase: D-30021-APL — $4.99
Apple is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–8:00pm EST
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.