APH Products: Returns, Warranties, and Repair Policy
- How to Order APH Products
- International Customers
- Payment Methods
- Shipping Methods
- Returns, Warranties, & Repair Policy
- Ayuda a Nuestros Clientes en Español
Defective Merchandise: APH makes every effort to inspect merchandise before it leaves our facility. If by chance you do receive an item that is defective, we will repair or replace it at no cost to you (we do reserve the right to choose whether we will repair or replace the item). In the case of items that have a specific warranty, we must be notified within one year of the date the item was shipped to the end user. In the case of items that do not have a specific warranty, we must be notified within 30 days of the date the item was shipped to the end user. For more information on warranties, please refer to the following section.
Other Returns: We want you to be satisfied! You may return most APH products for any reason within 60 days of the date that the item was shipped from us, subject to the following conditions:
- When returning items to APH, include your original purchase order number or a copy of the original packing slip or invoice. This will allow us to process your return more quickly.
- Items must be undamaged and in resalable condition.
- A 10% restocking charge may be deducted from your refund. This charge will not exceed $15.00 per item for individuals and $50.00 per item for organizations.
Note: (1) The following items may not be returned for any reason other than defects; and (2) An order for the following books may not be canceled once production of the book has begun:
- Software: APH offers free demo versions of our software for you to try. Once you have ordered a full copy of the software, whether a CD or an digital download, the software may not be returned. The only exception is that you may return a defective CD
- Special-order items, including custom-made books
- Large print books (Catalog number prefixes 4-, A-L, J-, L-, L-C, or M-)
- Braille books (Catalog number prefix A-B and T-N)
Limited Warranties on APH Products
Most APH products are covered by a limited warranty. Certain products are covered by a warranty that expires one year from the date the item is shipped to the end user. All other APH products are covered by a warranty that expires 30 days from the date the item is shipped to the end user. Warranty does not apply in cases of customer modification, misuse, or abuse of APH products. Please note that extended warranties do not cover replacement of electronic product accessories, including rechargeable batteries.
General Repair Policy
If you are experiencing trouble with an APH product, please call 1-800-223-1839. Explain the problem to our friendly Customer Service staff. It is possible that we can help you over the phone. If it is determined that your product does require servicing, please use the following guidelines.
Products Under Warranty
If your product is still under warranty, we will repair or replace the item at no cost to you (subject to some restrictions).
Orion Talking Calculators: Special Instructions for Warranty and Non-Warranty Repairs
Products Out of Warranty — FEE TO BE DETERMINED
Some products do not have a set fee for repairs due to the wide range of prices for repair parts. A non-refundable evaluation/handling fee is charged for these items, which includes return shipping by UPS. Before products are repaired, you will be notified for your approval of the total repair fee. If you choose to have the item repaired, the evaluation/handling fee will be applied toward the cost of the repair.
The following items have a non-refundable evaluation/handling fee:
- APH Light-Touch Perkins Brailler: 1-00815-00 – $150.00
- APH SMART Brailler by Perkins: 1-00820-00 — $205.00 Evaluation Fee ($135.00 of the $205.00 is non-refundable)
- Book Port DT: 1-07200-00 — $50.00
- Book Port Plus: 1-07191-00 — $50.00
- Braille Plus 18 (discontinued): 1-07466-00 — No longer repaired
- Joy Player: 1-07089-00 —$50.00
- Orion TI-84 Plus Talking Graphing Calculator: 1-07340-00 — $75.00
- Orion TI-30XS MultiView Talking Scientific Calculator: 1-07330-00 — $75.00
- Perkins Next Gen APH BRAILLER: 1-00800-00 – $205.00
- Refreshabraille 18: 1-07445-01 — $120.00
- VisioBook: 1-03913-01 — $120.00
Products Out of Warranty — SET FEE FOR EACH PRODUCT
There is a specific, set repair fee for many commonly serviced APH products (please refer to chart below). The set fee allows us to more quickly and efficiently service your product.
The fee is to be submitted at the time the product is shipped to APH for repairs. Please be sure to include a written description of the problem. You may pay the fee with a check; money order; Discover®, MasterCard®, Visa®, or American Express® credit card; purchase order; or Federal Quota order. If you do not include the set repair fee, your equipment will not be repaired until the fee is received.
You will not be charged more than the set fee for a particular item no matter how extensive the necessary repair. Items which are not repairable will be returned to you. For an unrepairable item, you will receive a refund of the repair fee, with a $5.00 handling charge deducted.
If you have questions, please call Customer Service, 1-800-223-1839.
Set Repair Fees for APH Products:
- Handi-Cassette II (discontinued): 1-07085-00 — $85.00
- Light Boxes: 1-08660-00 (discontinued) and 1-08669-00 (current) — $155.00
- Perkins Braillers: 1-00815-00, 1-00850-00 (discontinued), and 1-00860-00 (discontinued) — $150.00
- Mini-Lite Box: 1-08661-00 — $65.00
- Portable Sound Source III (discontinued): 1-03040-01 — $50.00
- Portable Sound Source 2003: 1-03040-02 — $50.00
Warranty on Repairs
There is a 90-day warranty for work performed by APH on repaired equipment. This warranty covers both labor and parts. As always, the warranty does not apply in cases of customer modification, misuse, or abuse of APH products. Please note that extended warranties do not cover replacement of electronic product accessories, including rechargeable batteries.