Power Up Braille Literacy with Polly
September 7, 2023, 3:00pm - 4:30pm EDT
This webinar will give an overview of your amazing new Polly. It will include how to set up the device, create the teacher and student portals, and basic tips and tricks. The Polly will allow your student to become more independent, practice braille skills in a variety of settings, and allow the teacher to monitor progress and collect invaluable data. Let’s get your student’s hands moving and embark on this braille literacy journey to proficiency.
- Cheri Hart; Statewide Educational Specialist, Florida Instructional Materials Center for the VI
- Melanie Huggins; Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments
Primary Core or ECC AreaCompensatory Access
Target AudienceTeachers of Students with Visual Impairments, Paraprofessional
Pre-requisite KnowledgeBraille code
- Learn the steps to setting up the Polly.
- Explore the various features of the Polly and their functions.
- Discover how the Helios Suite can work for you and your learner.
- Review how to safely maintain and store this device.