Strategies and Resources for the Instruction and Evaluation of Tactile Graphicacy Skills
November 28, 2023, 3:00pm - 4:30pm EST
This webinar is part three of the Tactile Graphics Literacy for Students with Visual Impairments: 4 Part Series. Participate in this webinar to learn instructional strategies pertinent to effective graph reading and tactual perceptual skills. Explore methods for creation of tactile graphics and resources for evaluating tactile graphicacy capabilities of students with visual impairments.
- Jenny Wheeler; Outreach Specialist; Southwest Region, APH
- Karen Poppe; Tactile Literacy Product Manager, APH
Primary Core or ECC AreaCompensatory Access
Target AudienceTeachers of Students with Visual Impairments, Orientation and Mobility Specialist, Paraprofessional, Parent
- Participants will describe a variety of instructional strategies pertinent to effective graph reading and tactual perceptual skills.
- Participants will explore methods of tactile graphics creation that will provide students with greater understanding and increased tactile perceptual capability.
- Given an overview of available resources and tools for tactile graphics learning, participants will be able to evaluate their students’ tactile perceptual capability and identify new areas for development and progression.