The Monarch: Tactile Access to Digital Learning
December 12, 2023, 3:00pm - 4:30pm EST
This webinar is part four of the Tactile Graphics Literacy for Students with Visual Impairments: 4 Part Series. Join this webinar to learn about the skills and background knowledge a student requires to benefit from the use of a multi-line, graphics-capable, refreshable braille display like the Monarch.
- Stephanie Walker; Outreach Specialist; Southcentral Region, APH
- Leslie Weilbacher; Outreach Specialist; Northwest Region, APH
- Hunter Summerlin; Braille Literacy Product Manager, APH
Primary Core or ECC AreaCompensatory Access
Target AudienceTeachers of Students with Visual Impairments, Orientation and Mobility Specialist, Parent, Paraprofessional, Early intervention teacher, Vision Rehabilitation Specialist/Therapist/Teacher
- Participants will identify types and features of refreshable braille displays.
- Participants will describe the importance of digital literacy and refreshable braille displays in providing access to tactile information and graphics literacy skill development.
- Given an overview of digital literacy tools, participants will be able to list skills and background knowledge a student requires to benefit from the use of a multi-line, graphics-capable, refreshable braille display like the Monarch.