Best for a Nest, UEB
This interactive storybook provides an opportunity for the learner to focus on many concepts: position of objects, prepositional phrases, and use of tactile symbols.
Federal Quota Eligible
74 in stock
Catalog Number: 5-12301-01
This large print/braille storybook includes color illustrations on each page that depict the text.
Use of Storyboard:
The storyboard should be removed from the book so the child can use the included tactile symbol manipulatives (birds, nest, eggs, tree, branches, grass, and a cat) to illustrate what is happening on each page of the book – making the experience fun and meaningful. The child may need assistance when first placing tactile symbols on the storyboard, with less assistance anticipated as he/she gains experience.
Basic Concepts can be Explored:
• Counting – the number of branches, eggs, birds, nest, and cat
• Left and Right – as related to the tree, its branches, and positions of the bird(s), and cat
• Comparisons – of lengths of branches and sizes of birds
• Top and Bottom – of the tree and the page
• Around – the tree
• Concepts Can Be Extended
• Go outside and explore different trees and their branches with your child
• Visit a pet shop and have him/her hold a bird
• Find a bird nest and let the child examine it
• Compare different eggs of birds and chickens with him/her
Topics for Discussion:
• Why do birds sit on their eggs?
• Where do birds go when winter comes?
• What are the seasons of the year (sequence) and their difference?
• Why did the bird want to be safe from the cat?
• What kind of food did the bird find on the ground?
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD — Small parts. Not intended for children ages 5 and under without adult supervision.
- Ages 2 and up
Weight: 1 lbs
Dimensions: 15.1 × 15 × 2.95 in
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Age: 2 years and up
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.