Teaching Touch and Exploratory Skills to Prepare for Tactile Graphics Learning
November 14, 2023, 3:00pm - 4:00pm EST
This webinar is part two of the Tactile Graphics Literacy for Students with Visual Impairments: 4 Part Series. Join this webinar to discover how to teach touch and exploratory skills to developing tactile learners. Learn how the development of exploratory skills serves as a foundation for braille readiness and meaningful tactile graphics experiences for students with visual impairments.
- Jennifer Brooks; Outreach Specialist; Northcentral Region, APH
- Erin Weaver; Outreach Specialist; Northeast Region, APH
Primary Core or ECC AreaCompensatory Access
Target AudienceTeachers of Students with Visual Impairments, Early intervention teacher, Orientation and Mobility Specialist, Parent, Vision Rehabilitation Specialist/Therapist/Teacher
- Participants will define teaching touch and exploratory skills for developing tactile learners.
- Participants will examine the connections between the development of exploratory skills as foundational elements of braille readiness and meaningful tactile graphics experiences.
- Given background information on teaching touch and foundational tactile graphics skills, participants will apply knowledge to encourage graphics creation and composition by students.