Azer’s Interactive Periodic Table Study Set (NEMETH)
Designed to make the Periodic Table of the Elements accessible to students with visual impairments and blindness.
Federal Quota Eligible
45 in stock
Catalog Number: 1-08856-01
This interactive study set is designed to make learning about the periodic table of the elements accessible to students with visual impairments and blindness.
The tangible materials included with this study set complement APH’s Periodic Table of the Elements Reference Chart and allow students to enhance their understanding of concepts consistent with the National Science Standards.
Inspired by Samir Azer, a science teacher at the Kentucky School for the Blind, this set can assist in the instruction and demonstration of concepts related to the arrangement of the periodic table, atomic structure, ionic and covalent bonding, and balancing of chemical equations to students who benefit from a hands-on, interactive model. Special attention was given to make the materials tactually discriminable and visually appealing to the target population, yet appropriate for all students regardless of visual acuity.
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD — Small Parts. Not intended for children ages 5 and under without adult supervision.
- Materials that complement APH's Periodic Table of the Elements Reference Chart
- Assists in the instruction and demonstration of concepts that are consistent with the National Science Standards
- Used to teach students about the arrangement of the periodic table, atomic structure, ionic and covalent bonding, and balancing chemical equations
- 294 interactive hexagonal element piece
- Additional interactive accessories including coefficient, oxidation, and subscript numbers, arrows, plus signs, parentheses, and assessment pieces
- 2 atomic models with accessories
- Storage binder with accessories
- Tri-fold Ve board (37 x 24 inches), used to balance chemical equations and/or display the entire periodic table
- Large Print Guidebook - Braille Guidebook can be purchased separately
Weight: 12.08 lbs
Dimensions: 30.05 × 17.05 × 4.95 in
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.