Foundations of Education: Volume I: History and Theory of Teaching Children and Youths with Visual Impairments
The highly anticipated third edition of the essential textbook in the field of blindness and visual impairment is completely revised and updated for the 21st century.
This item is made to order and is non-refundable.
288 in stock
In addition to the latest information and best practices, Volume I, History and Theory of Teaching Children and Youth with Visual Impairments, includes a whole new set of chapters that provide additional perspectives on the educational system and focus on crucial topics that connect the education of students with visual impairment to the broader context of educational theory. Volume II, Instructional Strategies for Teaching Children and Youths with Visual Impairments, contains additional material on planning instruction, moving from assessment to instruction, and supporting students with visual impairments in the general education classroom Instructional strategies are also highlighted, with chapters dedicated to each area of the core or expanded core curriculum.
Icons located throughout both volumes direct readers to audio introductions, chapter overviews, learning activities, videos, resource lists, and downloadable forms housed in an exclusive, web-based Learning Center that enriches this foundational textbook as never before.
Seven appendices include a federal government policy statement on educating blind and visually impaired students; codes of ethics for teachers, orientation and mobility specialists, rehabilitation teachers, and low vision therapists; standards for entry into professional practice; and a statement of necessary knowledge and skills for beginning special education teachers of students with visual impairments. A glossary and list of resources is also provided. (Individual chapters contain references.)
To view the Table of Contents, please see the “Includes” section.
Please note, that our publisher is experiencing delays of approximately 5 weeks in the fulfillment of print books. You can purchase a digital download of this publication by contacting our Customer Service team between the hours of 8:00 am to 8:00 pm EST by calling 1-800-223-1839.
- Table of Contents: Historical Perspectives / Phil Hatlen
- Visual Impairment / Kathleen M. Huebner
- The Visual System / Marjorie E. Ward
- Growth and Development of Young Children / Kay Alicyn Ferrell
- Growth and Development in Middle Childhood and Adolescence / Karen E. Wolffe
- Psychosocial Needs of Children and Youths / Dean W. Tuttle and Naomi R. Tuttle
- Children and Youths with Visual Impairments and Other Exceptionalities / Rosanne K. Silberman
- Multicultural Issues / Madeline Milian
- Educational Programming / Sandra Lewis and Carol B. Allman
- Professional Practice / Alan J. Koenig and M. Cay Holbroke
Book Genre: Educational
Federal Quota Funds: Not Available
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–4:30pm EST