Health Education for Students With Visual Impairments: A Guidebook for Teachers
This Guidebook is NOT a curriculum; rather, it provides ways to make specific aspects of health education accessible to students with visual impairments.
Federal Quota Eligible
116 in stock
Catalog Number: 1-08054-00
Every student should have access to a quality and comprehensive health education. APH developed this Guidebook specifically as a supplement for teachers who provide instruction to students with visual impairments, ages 5 through 21.
Note: This guidebook is intended for teachers only. APH does not recommend that any student read this guidebook or view the accompanying videos.
For more background, read our blog post introducing Health Education for Students With Visual Impairments.
WHILE SUPPLIES LAST, you can choose between the following free kits to accompany your purchase. After you place your order, APH Customer Experience will contact you with a survey to select the kit of your choosing:
Contraceptive Educator Kit – Value of $129
This kit includes a demonstration picture booklet for the female condom, wooden male condom demonstrator, non-lubricated condoms, female condoms, lubricants, vaginal foam, vaginal sponge, intrauterine device practice model, cervical cap, and a family planning method product.
Source: Total Access Group; www.totalaccessgroup.com
Human Reproduction and Development Kit – Value of $490
This kit includes nine replicas molded from specimens that show the stages of human development during pregnancy. Four models of the early stages of the embryo and five life-size replicas of the growing fetus are included. The kit also includes The Miracle of Life DVD program, which tells the story of embryonic and fetal growth.
Source: Nasco; www.enasco.com
Here’s what our field testers had to say:
“Lots of great information and tools; teachers should be able to find something useful and appropriate for any student, any age, any modification.”
“This resource was very well made and presented. It is up to each school and teacher to determine what/when/how this manual’s material is appropriate.”
- Includes chapters on the following topics:
- Diet and Nutrition
- Personal Health
- Sex Education
- Communicable and Noncommunicable Diseases and Disease Prevention
- Injury Prevention and Safety
- Reflects the National Health Education Standards and the National Sexuality Education Standards
- Supports many areas of the Expanded Core Curriculum
- Designed to support particular needs that arise within existing health education curricula when teaching students with visual impairments in a school or a specific course or program
- Guidebook and accompanying videos assist teachers in providing meaningful experiences in health education instruction within the realm of their particular school curriculum
- Print Health Education Guidebook in custom binder
- Set of seven full-page tabbed dividers
- 8GB Flash drive
- Flash drive Contents: BRF of the guidebook
- Flash drive Contents: HTML of the guidebook that has links to the 20 videos referenced in the Sex Ed chapter (3)
- (1) 3-hole-punched Ziploc Pouch
Weight: 4.38 lbs
Dimensions: 14.5 × 12.85 × 3.35 in
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.