Keep braille at your fingertips anytime, anywhere, with the Mantis Q40: a first-of-its-kind Bluetooth® keyboard and 40-cell refreshable braille display.
ADDITIONAL QUANTITIES OF MANTIS Q40 ARE ON THEIR WAY TO APH, ARRIVING THE WEEK OF MAY 24. IF YOU CANNOT PLACE YOUR ORDER FROM THIS PAGE, PLEASE PLACE YOUR ORDER WITH APH CUSTOMER SERVICE AT 1-800-223-1839.
With the Mantis Q40, users no longer need to choose between a keyboard or a braille device – at the same time a student or professional is typing on the Mantis, the refreshable braille below the keyboard is providing a multimodal braille complement to the screen reader, making it easier to participate in, and succeed at, school or work.
Contains the following built-in applications:
- Basic editor to function as a user’s pen and paper.
- Book reader to download and read books in braille.
- Calculator to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Clock to check the date and time.
- File manager to organize one’s work.
- HumanWare signature thumb keys and home button.
- 15 hours of battery life with rechargeable, removable batteries.
- 16 GB of internal storage.
- SD card slot and USB host port for flash drives.
- Windows 8 and above using Jaws 18+, NVDA, and Narrator
- MacOS 10.15+ Catalina
- iOS 13.3+
Frequently asked questions can be found here.
Please join our Mantis Q40 community of users by subscribing here: Mantis-Chameleon-Userfirstname.lastname@example.org
- All-in-one, full-size QWERTY laptop-style keyboard and built-in 40-cell refreshable braille display – students and professionals no longer need to sacrifice the use of braille when using a keyboard
- Supports up to 5 Bluetooth connections at once, along with one USB connection
- Functions as another device’s keyboard when connected via USB or Bluetooth; functions as a stand-alone device when not connected
- Toggles between QWERTY and Perkins-style input.
- Supports .doc, .docx, .txt, .brf, and .brl files.
- Thin and lightweight (1.7 lbs).
- Fits in a laptop bag or backpack.
- USB-C charging cable with power supply (works with any USB charger, but may charge slower)
- Green TPU case (COMING SOON! a professional, leather carrying case may be purchased as an additional accessory)
- User Guide (stored on device)
Weight: 1.7 lbs
Dimensions: 6.69 × 11.4 × 0.78 in
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–4:30pm EST