Keep braille at your fingertips anytime, anywhere, with the Mantis Q40: a Bluetooth® keyboard and 40-cell refreshable braille display.
Available on backorder
Due to COVID-19, we are experiencing some delays in overseas shipping. Additional quantities of Mantis Q40 are on their way, and are expected to arrive in the coming weeks.
With the Mantis Q40, users no longer need to choose between a keyboard or a braille device – at the same time a student or professional is typing on the Mantis, the refreshable braille below the keyboard is providing a multimodal braille complement to the screen reader, making it easier to participate in, and succeed at, school or work.
Contains the following built-in applications:
- Basic editor to function as a user’s pen and paper.
- Book reader to download and read books in braille.
- Calculator to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Clock to check the date and time.
- File manager to organize one’s work.
- HumanWare signature thumb keys and home button.
- 15 hours of battery life with rechargeable, removable batteries.
- 16 GB of internal storage.
- SD card slot and USB host port for flash drives.
- Windows 8 and above using JAWS 18+, NVDA, and Narrator
- MacOS 10.15.+ Catalina
- iOS 13.5.1+
Download the Braille Terminal Tools application below to install the Mantis driver on versions of JAWS earlier than 2020. If you are running JAWS 2020, ensure it is running the latest update, as the Mantis driver is included in JAWS 2020. For versions earlier than 2020, simply download and run the Braille Terminal Tools.exe file, and follow the prompts, ensuring that Mantis Q40 is the selected braille display when asked. After installing the driver, you will need to restart JAWS.
Please join our Mantis Q40 community of users by subscribing here: Mantis-Chameleon-Useremail@example.com
View a comparison chart of APH refreshable braille displays.
- All-in-one, full-size QWERTY laptop-style keyboard and built-in 40-cell refreshable braille display – students and professionals no longer need to sacrifice the use of braille when using a keyboard
- Supports up to 5 Bluetooth connections at once, along with one USB connection
- Functions as another device’s keyboard when connected via USB or Bluetooth; functions as a stand-alone device when not connected
- Toggles between QWERTY and Perkins-style input.
- Supports .doc, .docx, .txt, .brf, and .brl files.
- Thin and lightweight (1.7 lbs).
- Fits in a laptop bag or backpack.
- USB-C charging cable with power supply (works with any USB charger, but may charge slower)
- Green TPU case (COMING SOON! a professional, leather carrying case may be purchased as an additional accessory)
- User Guide (stored on device)
Weight: 1.7 lbs
Dimensions: 6.69 × 11.4 × 0.78 in
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–8:00pm EST
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.