Orion TI-84 Plus Talking Graphing Calculator
The Orion TI84 Plus Talking Graphing Calculator makes gaining an academic edge in pre-algebra, calculus, biology, chemistry, and physics easier than ever.
This product is discontinued.
Federal Quota Eligible
Catalog Number: 1-07340-00
Made possible through a partnership with APH, Orbit Research, and Texas Instruments, the Orion TI-84 Plus Talking Graphing Calculator is a modified TI-84 Plus with an attachment that adds accessibility and additional controls. The attachment consists of a unit on top of the calculator, six function keys and five cursor keys, plus stereo speakers. Use the function keys to control preferences, volume, rate, pause, silence, and repeat. Use the cursor keys for screen reader control.
Explore graphs using either spoken announcements or audio and haptic (vibrating) feedback. Moving along the graph from left to right shifts the tone from the left to the right stereo channel. Tones raise and lower to follow graph coordinates. As the graph moves below the x-axis where the y-coordinates are negative, white noise is added to the tone. Haptic feedback is provided for negative y-coordinates, axes crossings, and tick marks.
This product can be purchased through the federal quota program.
ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGE: All shipments will incur UPS shipping rates based on the destination.
- Graph functions and trace points made accessible with speech and audible tone.
- Listen to entire graph, including special sounds for negative regions and axis crossing points.
- Scroll the history of calculations and quickly recall and edit input/output.
- Choose how to view calculations on screen: as decimals or fractions.
- Matrix functions and calculations.
- Amazing list of scientific, statistical, and financial functions.
- Superb synthesized speech (FonixTalk™ from SpeechFX™) with choice of voices, speech rates, and pitch.
- Listen using stereo earphones or built-in stereo speakers.
- Full key help mode, which describes all keys, including 2nd and Alpha functions, without losing your work position.
- Temporary mute mode for teacher/student interaction.
- Use the screen reader to review the screen without losing your place.
- Full access to all menus, expressions, text, and symbols displayed on the screen.
- Expandable hardware accessories using USB port.
- Connect to your computer via USB cable to print or emboss graphs and other work (requires a printer or embosser and a PC).
- LCD display and keypad functionality are identical to the standard TI-84 Plus.Note: The Talking Graphing Calculator requires two separate sets of batteries: 1). The attached talking unit includes a built-in rechargeable battery that is charged with the included USB AC adapter. 2). The graphing calculator itself requires four standard AAA batteries (included). The AAA batteries are user-replaceable.
- Talking Graphing Calculator unit with sliding hard plastic cover
- Stereo earbuds
- USB Standard A to Mini B cable with AC adapter
- Four AAA batteries
- Quick start guide in print and braille
- Full documentation on flash drive
Weight: 1.585 lbs
Dimensions: 9.95 × 5.5 × 6.55 in
Product Type: Assistive
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.