Tactile Book Builder Kit
“Build” a book and create a child’s connection to literacy!
Note: Due to shipping interruptions and supply chain delays, backorders could result in multiple weeks of wait time to receive this product. At this time, APH Ex Officio Trustees (EOTs) may still backorder this product. If you wish to cancel an existing order, please contact the APH Customer Experience team at 800-223-1839.
Federal Quota Eligible
Out of stock
Catalog Number: 1-08826-00
The Tactile Book Builder Kit contains a wide selection of materials enabling users to quickly custom-make books of many kinds—firsthand experience storybooks, concept books, simple texture books, informational books, alphabet books, adaptations of print books, and more! A large, varied assortment of pre-cut pages permit easy attachment of objects and presentation of collaged textures, shapes, raised line drawings, and multisensory elements as illustration. Braille paper, braille label material, and clear page protectors offer multiple ways to add braille and print text. All pages fit into sturdy plastic binders with re-closeable safety loops. Binders feature an open-view front to allow users to create and insert their own tactile cover art.
Topics addressed include:
• Learning through touch
• Designing tactile, multisensory, interactive illustrations to represent features tactual learners find significant
• Principles of good tactile design
• Specific design guidelines for various types of tactile illustrations and suggested sequence of difficulty
• Fine motor, exploratory, and cognitive skills needed to examine and interpret tactile illustrations
• Photos and descriptions of exemplary tactile books
• Lists of craft items and materials for use in tactile books
• Numerous “”story-starter”” ideas for books across a range of ages and abilities
Suggested APH products to use with Tactile Book Builder:
• Picture Maker Textured Shapes (61-151-168)
• Picture Maker Geometric Textured Shapes (1-08838-01)
• Classroom Calendar Kit Day Numbers (61-410-004)
WARNING: Choking Hazard – Small Parts. Not intended for children ages 5 and under without supervision.
Note: Binders and pages in Tactile Book Builder and CVI Book Builder can be used interchangeably. Most kit components are available as replacement parts.
- 4 large binders
- 3 small binders
- 16 board stock pages, various colors
- 20 sheets braille paper, folded pages
- 16 card stock pages
- 4 fabric pages for hook and loop attachments
- 4 magnetic pages
- 10 needlepoint canvas pages, various colors
- 20 page protectors
- 24 polyblend pages, various colors
- 6 pocket pages
- SoundPage for binders, 3 recording devices
- 5 Ziploc® pages Braillable clear plastic label material 40 large, 100 small
- Braille templates, pack of 3 sizes
- Assorted attachments: hook and loop adhesive-backed strips and coin sets, magnetic attachments, and zip ties
- Guide to Designing Tactile Books, a 120-page illustrated handbook assisting teachers and caregivers in creating books and tactile illustrations matched to the skills of a particular child
Weight: 18.27 lbs
Dimensions: 26.3 × 14.65 × 5.5 in
Product Type: Tactile Learning
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.