Tactile Treasures Kit, Tactile-Color Edition
Use the Tactile Treasures Kit to teach basic math and language concepts by feeling pictures of real objects on thermoform paper.
Federal Quota Eligible
Out of stock
Catalog Number: 1-08842-01
Tactile Treasures consists of 79 thermoformed sheets featuring tactile pictures created from real objects that illustrate math and language concepts. The types of thermoformed objects include pretzels, buttons, rings, zippers, scissors, and shells. In most cases, a concept is presented twice on a single tactile page that is divided by a raised bar, but occasionally an entire page is used to convey a concept.
A Teacher’s Guidebook provides two scripts or stories for every concept introduced. The tactile pages are versatile and can be used to introduce related concepts other than those presented in the scripts. This product can also be adapted for a child with low vision by outlining the thermoformed objects with a permanent marker.
- Tactile Treasures is packaged as a complete kit consisting of the following:
- Three individual binders housing a total of 79 white thermoformed sheets (8 1/2 x 11 inches).
- Both braille and incised print page numbers appear on each sheet for ease of reference. The tactile graphics contents of each binder are as follows:
- Binder I: Shape and Size Concepts (pgs. 1–30)
- Binder II: Comparing and Amount Concepts (pgs. 31–55)
- Binder III: Position and Pre-Reading Concepts (pgs. 56–79)Teacher's guidebook (both print and braille versions provided) with two scripts/stories for each concept presented. The guidebook also gives a general overview of the materials, instructions for use, and extended activities.
Weight: 10.055 lbs
Dimensions: 13.55 × 11.2 × 12.1 in
Product Type: Tactile Learning
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Age: 3 Years and up
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.