The Art and Science of Teaching Orientation and Mobility to Persons with Visual Impairments
The second edition of The Art and Science of Teaching Orientation and details orientation and mobility techniques and explains how to provide effective instruction in one complete manual for the beginning O&M instructor that is a reference for the experienced practitioner as well.
This item is made to order and is non-refundable.
Catalog Number: F-B0001-00
Provides step-by-step presentation of each O&M technique and describes in detail how to individualize and teach each one.
Outlines the scope and sequence of a complete O&M curriculum, and offers a guiding philosophy as well as principles and strategies for effective teaching. Includes a new chapter on assessment with essential assessment checklists for children and adults.-Provides more extensive content on today’s O&M instructional issues, such as street crossings and the current, more challenging traffic environment.
To view the Table of Contents, please see the “Includes” section.
This item is made to order, therefore all sales are final.
Please note, that our publisher is experiencing delays of approximately 5 weeks in the fulfillment of print books. You can purchase a digital download of this publication by contacting our Customer Service team between the hours of 8:00 am to 8:00 pm EST by calling 1-800-223-1839.
Federal Quota Funds: Not Available
- Table of Contents:
- Guidelines for Instruction
- Teaching Orientation and Mobility
- Assessment: O&M Skills and Concepts
- Essential Indoor O&M Skills
- Basic Techniques for Guiding a Person with a Visual Impairment
- Self-Protection Techniques: Moving Through the Environment Independently
- Basic Long Cane and Self-Familiarization Skills
- Advanced Indoor Orientation and Mobility Skills
- Outdoor Skills and Refinements
- Basic Outdoor Orientation and Mobility Skills
- Intermediate Outdoor Orientation and Mobility Skills
- Advanced Outdoor Orientation and Mobility Skills
- Additional Considerations for the Instructor
- Special Situations and Conditions and Mobility Devices
- Creative Approaches
- Professional Issues
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–8:00pm EST
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.