When You Have a Visually Impaired Student with Multiple Disabilities in Your Classroom: A Guide for Teachers
This easy-to-understand guide explains the role of paraeducators (sometimes called classroom aides, teaching assistants, or paraprofessionals) in working with students who are visually impaired and assisting other members of the educational team.
This item is made to order and is non-refundable.
Catalog Number: F-B0056
For every classroom teacher who works with students who have multiple disabilities in addition to visual impairments, this book includes information in concise, nontechnical language on: How visual and other impairments affect learning skills; Practical teaching methods and strategies for helping students with severe multiple disabilities and those who can participate in an academic program; Techniques for working effectively in the classroom with students who have a wide range of special needs.
To view the Table of Contents, please see the “Includes” section.
This item is made to order, therefore all sales are final.
You can purchase a digital download of this publication by contacting our Customer Service team between the hours of 8:00 am to 8:00 pm EST by calling 1-800-223-1839.
AFB Press: AFB Press Book, American Federation for the Blind, APH Press
Product Type: Multiple Disabilities
Federal Quota Funds: Not Available
- Table of Contents:
- Where do I begin?
- Common conditions among students with visual and multiple disabilities
- Educational needs of children who have low vision and multiple disabilities
- Educational needs of children who are blind and have multiple disabilities
- Educational needs of children who are deaf-blind
- Unusual behaviors among students with visual and multiple disabilities
- Special materials used by students with visual and multiple disabilities.
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–8:00pm EST
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.