APH Field Services & Federal Quota Info
The term "Field Services" refers to the informational, consultative, and administrative services provided by APH staff to support Ex Officio Trustees in their administration of the Federal Quota Program.
Ex Officio Trustees are supported in their administration of the Act to Promote the Education of the Blind by APH's Field Services Department.
- An Overview of Field Services
- National Instructional Partnership
- University Instructional Partnership
- Product Information Project
- The Staff of Field Services
- Babies Count
- Information for Familes
Workshops & Publications
- APH News — Read the latest issue!
- APH Webcast Opportunities
- APH Information and Training Podcast Site — includes archives of previous shows!
Annual Meeting of Ex Officio Trustees and Special Guests
- About the APH Annual Meeting
- Upcoming APH Annual Meeting Dates and Louisville Locations:
- 2013: October 17–19, Hyatt Regency
- 2014: October 16–18, Hyatt Regency
- 2015: October 8–10, Hyatt Regency
Federal Quota Reference
Appropriate Use of Federal Quota Census Data
The specific purpose of the annual Federal Quota Census is to register students in the United States and outlying areas who meet the definition of blindness and are, therefore, eligible for adapted educational materials from APH through the Act to Promote the Education of the Blind.
Statements regarding student literacy, use of appropriate learning media, and students taught in a specific medium cannot be supported using APH registration data.
- What is Federal Quota?
- An Overview of Federal Quota
- Product Eligibility Criteria
- Read US Code, Title 20, Chapter 6 (via Cornell Law School's Legal Information Institute)
- Ex Officio Trustee Handbook Updated for 2013!
- APH Ex Officio Trustee Catalog Request Form
- Federal Quota Order Form
- Instructions for the 2013 Federal Quota Registration
- Federal Quota Registration: Flowchart
- Distribution of Eligible Students for the Fiscal Year: 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997
Ex Officio Trustee Advisory Committees & Directories
- Educational Products Advisory Committee, 2012-2013
- Educational Services Advisory Committee, 2012-2013
- Advisory Committees' Report, 2012
- Archive of Earlier Advisory Committees' Reports and the APH Responses
- Current directory of Ex Officio Trustees of APH
Videos from APH's Museum Exhibit, "Products for Students"
The following videos were created for a permanent exhibit in the APH Museum, "Products for Students: APH Partners with the Federal Government," that covers many aspects of the Act to Promote the Education of the Blind (1879). The first video features Dr. Michael Bina and students of the Maryland School for the Blind. The second offers the perspectives of seasoned APH Ex Officio Trustees: Lou Tutt, Colorado (now Executive Director of AER); Leslie Durst, Indiana; and Nancy Niebrugge, California. The third includes historical views of APH presented by government Leaders: Kentucky Governor Beshear, U.S. Congressman Yarmuth, and U.S. Senator McConnell.