In April 2019, the EPAC met in Louisville, KY, at APH for the eighteenth year as a formal advisory committee to address the 2018 EPAC report and to develop commendations and recommendations for the current fiscal year. To assist with this endeavor, presentations were made by APH’s product development staff, including progress updates on the 2018 recommendations, operations and information on new initiatives.
The EPAC Commendations 2017
- The EPAC commends APH for the development of Braille Blaster which has revolutionized braille production in the field. It is especially impactful that it is a free program for all to use.
- The EPAC commends APH for incorporating universal design into product development. We specifically recognize the CVI product line.
- The EPAC commends APH for being mindful of national trends and influences that affect product design of CVI materials.
- The EPAC commends APH for their outreach to local and national organizations to assist and promote accessibility for everyone particularly in the development of Nearby Explorer.
- The EPAC commends APH for their willingness to revise and update products to keep with current trends.
- The EPAC commends APH for their revision of the Woodcock Johnson IV which makes it much more user friendly to the administrator.
- The EPAC commends APH for the long-term effort to develop a comprehensive health education resource designed for students with visual impairment.
- The EPAC commends APH for a swift response in communicating and providing a comparable product when a device became no longer available. (Orbit 20 Reader).