APH/Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library Audio Books
Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library Audio Books provided by APH are encrypted and can only be played using free playback equipment loaned to eligible individuals through the National Library Service (NLS) Talking Book program. A family will first need to register their child with NLS and receive an NLS digital playback device. Then they are set to download and playback the encrypted DPIL audio book files.
Follow the steps below to playback an APH/DPIL Audio book using an NLS Digital Talking Book Player.
- Connect a USB drive to your computer, such as a blank NLS digital Talking Book cartridge or a commercial flash drive.
- In the “Book Downloads” section on this page, browse the available books by month and activate the download link for the book title you wish to playback.
- Depending on your browser, you may see a dialog box that asks what you would like to do with the file. Choose “Save.” The file you are saving is a “zipped” file, meaning it contains several files inside it. Select the location to save the zipped file—either to your computer’s internal hard drive or to the external USB drive that you connected in step #1.
- If the downloaded zipped file did not unzip automatically, unzip it now. Windows and macOS both have the built-in ability to unzip files. The unzipped file will create a folder containing all of the files needed to play the book.
- If you downloaded the files to your internal hard drive, copy the unzipped folder to the external USB flash drive or NLS cartridge. Note: the book will not play unless ALL of the files are present on the flash drive or cartridge.
- Follow instructions provided with your NLS digital player to listen to the audio book.