APH SMART Brailler by Perkins
APH SMART Brailler combines a standard braille keyboard, speech output, and SimBraille and large print on a colorful screen, creating a product that enables users to assist one another in mastering the Braille code.
Note: Due to a combination of continued overseas shipping interruptions/port congestion and a long-term supply/sourcing delay by the product vendor, backorders could result in a 6-months-or-longer wait time to receive the product. At this time, EOTs may still backorder this product. We apologize for the inconvenience and delays. If you wish to cancel an existing order, please contact the APH Customer Experience team at 800-223-1839.
Federal Quota Eligible
Out of stock
Catalog Number: 1-00820-00
The base unit of the APF SMART Brailler is the Perkins/APH Brailler, which was designed to be quieter, lighter, and more comfortable for the user. This mechanical SMART Brailler includes a built-in screen and speaker to provide immediate visual and audio feedback to those learning braille. Feedback is available via text-to-speech and a screen that displays SimBraille and large print of what is brailled in uncontracted or contracted braille. This feedback also provides access to someone who does not know braille.
The current software version for the SMART Braille is version 220.127.116.11, which includes Unified English Braille (UEB) in the Language Settings. To check the software version on your brailler, follow these steps:
- From Braille Entry mode, press the Menu button (round, green button on the right of the video screen) to go to Main Menu.
- Use the Down Navigation button to scroll down to Settings and select it using the Select button (diamond-shaped, green button).
- Scroll down and select System, then scroll and select System Info. Braillers with the current software will show this App Version: 18.104.22.168
- Press the Menu button to return to Braille Entry mode.
To update the software on SMART Braillers to the current version: Download the instructions and latest free software to update your SMART Brailler.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- The download link will take you to a www.perkins.org webpage.
- The software update zip folder is large (over 600 MB) and may take several minutes to download.
- You will need a blank USB drive to perform the update.
Weight: 11.41 lbs
Dimensions: 14.95 × 8.25 × 13.6 in
Product Type: Reading and Writing
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Age: 3 Years and up
- Ages 3 and up
- 4-inch color screen displays SimBraille and large print
- Speaker provides text-to-speech feedback
- Translation of English braille, uncontracted and contracted
- Headphone jack
- Volume control
- USB port to save and transfer documents via USB flash drive
- Exercises to supplement APH's Building on Patterns (BOP): Kindergarten curriculum
- Rechargeable battery
- Accommodates 8.5” x 11” paper
- Embosses up to 25 lines of 28 cells.
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–8:00pm EST
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.